Chapter 33-meeting the parents

Delilah's POV
I woke up bright and early for work, and when it came to quitting time I got a call from Cole.

"Hey gorgeous" he says making me blush, "hey" I comment softly as I walk home in the humid night. "Do you have any plans for tonight?" He asks my casually. "No" I reply instantly, I was growing suspicious of my boyfriends actions.

"What would you say to meeting my family?" He asks shyly, "really? Isn't it to soon?" I ask nervously. "Ace we have been dating for three weeks, I think it's time you meet the parents" he chuckles making me bit my lip. "Fine" I breath and cradle my phone between my shoulder and ear as I unlock my house.

Cheshire had a date, Blake and Ryder had fly out to see their family. Leaving me alone for tonight. Bidding goodbye to my man I flick on the lights and make my way through my home to my room where I look for the perfect outfit. My hand shot out to touch a peach dress.

Pulling it off the rack I saw it was strapless and a bandage top with a nice bottom half. I grabbing my favorite leather jacket and black strappy wedges and slip the outfit on. Going into the bathroom I curled my hair and applied my usual makeup.

Winged eye liner, peach eyeshadow, coral colored lips, and mascara so my eyelashes look long and full. I made sure to spray my favorite warm vanilla perfume before I walked out of my bedroom with a white leather bag.

Three loud and sharp knocks made me jump out of my skin. I ran around the house shutting off lights and closing windows. Three more knocks but more inpatient made me giggle and open the door.

Cole looked handsome wearing a black button down tucked into black dress pants and fancy shoes.

"Wow" he breathes.

"You look amazing" he says making me blush, I step out of my air conditioned house and into the humid air just to lock the damn door. When we reach his car he opens the door for me, "such a gentleman" I tease.

He flashed a heart melting smile and jogs to the other side to open my door. Sliding into his car, I buckle up just as he opens his door. "Don't worry, they will love you" he promises and kisses my palm.

Giving him a fake smile I spoke softly "I'm fine."

It was a lie.

Asher's POV
I pulled at the tie that choked me, trying to loosen it before Cole and his girlfriend arrived. My parents got an amazing diner reservation that over looked the sea. "Oh look! There they are!" My mother Aria gushes.

"Son" my father, Isaac stands up to hug Cole. I catch a glimpse of beautifully haunting ocean blue eyes. One name crossed my mind.

Delilah

"And who are you?" Mom coos at the girl, "Ace Colleens, Mrs. Stone" her voice was soft and sweet. "Please call me Aria" mom hugs Ace, "Isaac Stone" my father introduces with a smile. They hug and then sit down.

She was right across from me, Cole glared at me while I stared at her. "So Ace where are you from?" My mom asks "New York" she grins, happiness twinkling in her eyes. "Wow" mom gasps.

Cole stares adoringly at his girlfriend, his arm around her chair. They looked perfectly happy.

Why did I feel so jealous?

Delilah's POV
"My parents love you" Cole says as we walk in the park, our hands swinging in between us. "Really?" I bite my lip and look at him under my eye lashes.

"Really" he says and stops so he can brush his lips against mine. My eyes flutter closed as our lips move, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering their wings. "Delilah?" He whispers against my lips.

"Yes" I breath breaking the kiss, my eyes still closed.

"I love you" my eyes shoot open to meet his, "I love you too" I tell him sincerely making him grin down at me. "How did I get so lucky?" He asks me while we sway a little bit. I bit my tongue to keep from responding.

Instead I hum a tune in which we dance to in the park. Everything was perfect.

But I couldn't keep from thinking.....

How did I get so lucky?
_________
Good news I can post photos!

Pic of her dress tonight