Chapter 22- never letting go

For cat_sheehan for your encouraging comments, thanks so much!
.....
*unedited

Delilah's POV
I arrived home late in the evening the next day, Cheshire gave me a sad smile, Blake and Ryder crushed me in a hug. "Delilah your job?" Blake asked me when we all sat down to talk, I ran a hand softly through my hair. "I know WE have money, but I don't want to quit. Singing is the only thing I know" I told them honestly.

"We?" they said in sync "you guys honestly think I'm going to spend billions of dollars on my own?" I asked incredulously "no" Ryder blushed as well as the others. "Then yes we" I stated firmly, "get ready for your job" Cheshire teased me and I flipped her the bird.

I slipped on boot cut jeans, a gray tank with a grey zip up jacket on top, gray toms, diamond studs,and a silver wrist watch. I curled my hair and decided on a no make up, it slipped my phone and wallet in a grey purse and headed from my room.

Part of me wondered how they would treat me now, the same? Different? Guess I'll find out "make it home safe" Cheshire hugged me before I left. I walked the streets keeping my head down, I tried to draw less attention to myself as possible.

Across the street I was the diner and I picked up the pace. The cold nipped at my exposed skin on my feet, this made me go faster until I was at the doors. I flung them open, warmth gave me a big hug and I welcomed it. I heard the sound of instruments, and my brows furrowed.

Pushing my way past people I made my way to the stage, the band was playing. But they had a new singer, my hand flew to my mouth. I felt betrayed, and most of all hurt. The teas ran down my face as I waited for the song to finish, I caught Marissa's eye. They were filled with a burning passion I didn't understand.

When the song finished they walked off the stage, I followed knowing the way. "Look who's back" Marissa spit, I flinched "you replaced me" I said quietly in a hurt tone. "Of course we replaced you! Now that you've got money, why would you sing in a low paying band?!" Damon burst.

"Yeah, live the high live Ace, go blow your money. Be a rich kid!" Mori snarled in hatred. Cassiel didn't say anything he kept his head low, "I don't know why I bother" I chuckled bitterly catching their attention. "You see when I try, the people I love....they turn the tables. And I'm the one on the floor begging for another chance" I said thoughtfully my voice like stone.

I saw them flinch at my words, "do any of you know why I came to NYC?" I asked venomously, Cass looked up begging me with his eyes not to do this. But I had to, it was time I got this off my chest. "I came here after I starved myself almost to death, I needed therapy!" I shouted and they all flinched.

"But somehow I found people that cared, I trusted you!" I cried out, "guess I know what happens when I let people in" I spit out and wrenched the door open. I ran out of the restaurant and onto the street, I let out a puff of air and blended in with the crowd.

Hastily I made my way to my home. My phone rang, I brushed off the call and unlocked my door. Cheshire,Blake, and Ryder all jumped and screamed, I assumed they were watching a scary movie. "I'm going to bed" I mumbled and sauntered to my room.

There I was in front of my bed, in front of my huge window, all over. I sat down, my legs bounced and I ran a hand through my hair. I can't believe I'm going to do this, was I ready? No. Was I scared? OUT OF MY MIND!

"Hey" Cheshire said softly and walked in "they called" was all she said and hugged me. "Are you sure about this?" she asked knowing what I was thinking. "Positive" I confirmed, "ok we will settle this with Blake and Ryder" she nodded.

"We?" I asked my nose scrunched up, "we. Did you really think we would let you go by yourself?" she asked and left. As the door clicked softly, I sobbed my hand over my mouth.

These people were my family. And I wouldn't trade them for the world. I'm never letting them go.