Nightmare

"WHO ARE YOU!?" Ray's screaming voice didn't affect him at all. "ARE YOU JOE OR ARE YOU MARCH?! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!?"

"Ray, stop yelling. It's me, Joe. Now, if you stay quiet, maybe I'll spare that little friend of yours." The menace in his voice was clear and scary as Ray Mond's mind stirred, trying to think of a way to save both herself and the other person in the room.

"Why are you doing this-" Her voice broke. "Why are you back?" The anger in her slowly started to rise as he glanced at the serial killer in front of her. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, DAMMIT!?"

"Ray.." His voice was sickly sweet with a tinge of playfulness. "Ray, don't say that. It's not nice.." He pouted like a little kid, disgusting Ray Mond. "I'm doing this so you can finally realize that I'm the one for you. . . that this person right here doesn't deserve you, I do."

Her eyes pierced daggers into him but there was nothing she could do. "And keeping me behind a fucking cage will make me realize that I have just so much undying love for you?" Her voice was dripping with sarcasm, sarcasm that the sick man couldn't decipher.

"Exactly, Ray! Being with me would make you come to terms with your love for me that you obviously have!" The smile on his face made Ray want to puke her guts out.

"Oh god," She groaned, her grip around the metal bars tightening. "When will you realize that I—" She cut herself off, an idea popping into her mind as her gaze flickered to the person outside the cage, tied to the wooden chair. 

With a wrench in her gut and a sigh, she looked back at Joe, her eyes locking with his. She smiled softly at him, catching him off guard before she settled her forehead against the cold metal bar. 

According to her very plan, when she made no further movements, Joe stepped closer to her. Finally sensing his presence so close to her, she spoke up again. "When will you realize that I cannot say anything good to you with them here." She sighed, her voice just above a whisper.

Joe's heart felt like it could explode out of his chest. "Will you. . . will you actually say how you feel if I let them go?" His voice sounded hopeful.

His whole world filled with joy, the colors around him brightening to the max as she nodded. 

His gaze quickly whipped to the tied up person. The moron quickly picked up a glass of water and splashed the person with it. "Get up," He instructed them with a sense of urgency.

Please have enough energy to call someone for help. She mentally pled to the stranger that she had just saved. Please.

"You're still gonna keep me in this cage?" She quirked a brow at him, fake playfulness lacing her sweet voice. Her brows furrowed as he nodded. "Just for a little longer, till I make sure you're for real." Ray Mond sighed, nodding.

"Okay." She gave him a soft, convincing smile. "Tell me about yourself, Joe." She suddenly insinuated, trying to distract the maniac so she could think of another plan.

"What do you wanna know?" She thought for a second. "What's your biggest nightmare?"

Without a heartbeat of pause, he replied. "In my biggest nightmare, someone is calling you theirs." He declared. "Do with that information, what you will."

Nightmare

The word lingered in her head. Suddenly, her head whipped to the side, the sound of the door opening reaching her eyes. A hopeful smile took over her face as she waited for the person to enter. 

Her brows furrowed when she faced their back. She glanced at Joe to see him looking relieved. Are they his ally? She thought to herself, scared.

As soon as she looked back at the door, an ear shrilling scream escaped her mouth, scraping the inside of her throat.