Where do i put the tape measure?

Hunter pulled his car up behind mine and we got out. "So what time did you want to go over to your parents house?" Hunter asked. "Few hours? I need to start packing up my stuff. I had the girls pick me up some boxes." I said. "Ok well let's go. We walked to the door and I rang the doorbell. This wasn't my home anymore and I felt strange just walking in.

                           The door opened and Taylor was leaning against the door frame wearing some frilly lingerie. "Uhm...Tay you got my text...right? I mean you said you'd see me soon.... What are you wearing?" I asked. "Oh you mean this old thing?" She asked. "Yea with the tag right here." I yanked it off." "Oh well you know." She blushed. "Hi Hunter." Taylor waved her fingers flirty like. "Um..." Hunter scratched the back of his head. "Can we get by you? Maybe throw a shirt on?" I whispered. Gabby walked up and took one look at Taylor. "Get!" she said her eyes wide. Taylor giggled. "Fine i'll be in my room." She winked at Hunter.

                         "Wow, never a dull moment around here." Hunter said raising his eyebrows with his hands in his pockets. He stood up on his tiptoes and back down looking amused. "Yea, I'm really sorry. Come on lets go to my room." I said pulling his arm.

                           My room was plain on the walls since we were renting. It was a light tan color with brown carpet. The bed had a green bed spread on it and I had various pictures up around the room. Some of me Taylor and Gabby. Some of me and my family. I started pulling the pictures down. "Are you sad about leaving this place?" Hunter asked. "A little, but your place is nice." "Yes but it's my place not ours." He said picking up a stuffed duck that was on my bed. It was falling a part. I slept with Dana ever since I was eight and my parents got her for me for Easter.

                          "Yes as it shouldn't you live there alone." I said. "Well you could always change things up a bit." He said. "No way, when I move out it'll be your place again." I said throwing the pictures into the box. "Well what are you waiting on? Toss some of that stuff in this box." I said. "Any of it?" He asked. "All of it just throw it in, I'll go through it later." "Well alright then!" He started tossing things in the box. About two hours later my room was mostly packed up.

                        "What's left?" Hunter asked. "Just my clothes." I pulled the dresser drawer open and he started helping me pull things out. We got to the underwear drawer. "Well that looks like all of it." He said backing up.  I tossed the last few pieces in and he lifted a box. "We can load all of this up in your car and what's left we can put in mine." He said walking out of the room. "Sounds good." I nodded lifting up a box. It was heavier than I thought and I stumbled a bit. "You got it?" He asked. "Oh yea no problems here." I said lifting higher. I was determined to not have him see me fail.

                        We walked outside. " I used my keys and popped the trunk. Once all of the stuff was in we went back to the kitchen to find Taylor leaning over the oven. "Oh hey you two! Look I just happened to bake these chocolate chip cookies." Said Taylor.

                      I raised an eyebrow. "Since when do you bake?" I asked. "Don't be silly Jess you know I bake all the time." Taylor said. Gabby walked in. "Mm what's that smell? Hey since when do you bake?" Gabby asked. I snorted. "I bake all the time." Taylor said throwing her hands up. She pushed her brown curls over her shoulder squinting her blue eyes at Gabby who just shrugged. "Fine, you bake." She said picking up a cookie from the tray.

                    Taylor swatted her hand with the spatula. "These are for Hunter." She said. "OK you have got to get a grip! He's married." Said Gabby. "Yea but it's fake." Said Taylor. "OK let me spell it out for you....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" Gabby said snatching a cookie from the pan. I reached my hand  tentatively towards the tray. "You're not gonna hit me are you?" I asked. "No it's fine have a stinking cookie." She shoved the tray at us.

                   Hunter just smiled politely.  "Thank you for the cookies Taylor." He said. "Oh...you're welcome!" Said Taylor her features softening. "I hope you enjoy them." She said. "They were made from scratch." Taylor nodded. "Oh yea what's this?" Gabby asked holding up an empty nestle tollhouse wrapper. "I said they were made by scratch I didn't say by me." Taylor hissed.

               We finished a few of the cookies still sitting at the bar. Gabby and Taylor just watched us. It was kind of awkward. "OK so I need to measure the two of you." I said breaking the silence. "What for?" Gabby asked. "I'm making brides maids dresses, and before you can ask me why it's because everybody stinking wants to see stuff for the wedding. So I'm giving it to them!" I huffed digging in the drawer for a spare tape measure. I kept sewing things all around the house. Taylor came up to me. "I'm ready." She smiled.

                  I started at her bust and she pushed it out. "Uhm can you not do that? I need an accurate measurement I don't want your top falling down. You can keep the dress it's a lovely color." "Well we can't all have your boobs!" Taylor said annoyed. "Uh...so we picked a theme. I'm not sure what color i'm going with.." I said taking the spot light off me and back on the wedding. "Oh we?" Gabby asked smiling at me. "That's totally sweet." She nodded. "no it's not you just said it was a lovely color then you said you hadn't picked one out yet..." I measured Taylors waist pulling very tightly on the tape measure. "So, i'll figure it out and i was trying to change the subject way to take a hint!" I hissed. Then i measured her hips. Then I got her from the shoulders to her knees so I could make the dress short and have room to hem it. I wrote the measurement's down in my phones note pad. Gabby came up next and I added hers to the phone as well.

                Hunter got up and came over. He held his hand out for the tape measure. "What do you want it for?" I asked puzzled. "I need to measure you, you did say you wanted to make your own dress didn't you?" He asked holding it out. "Well yea but..." "No buts, now where do I put this thing?" He asked looking down at my body. I blushed. "Here, you measure the biggest parts and the smallest parts of a body. Start at the back and come all the way around, then hold the piece where they meet and tell me what it says." I said. His breathing picked up. "You sure?" I nodded as his hands brushed against my chest.

                "Taylor I need to show you something in my room." Said Gabby pulling Taylor by the arm. "But he, she. It's just getting good." "Now." She hissed. Hunters eyes met mine. "What does it say?" I asked. "Oh yea right." He looked down and read the number off to me. "Then you go to the waist the smallest part. "Okay." He said his hands still on my chest. I bit my lip. "Oh sorry." He said. He flattened out his palms and slid them down my sides till he reached the thinnest part of my waist.

                  I'd been measure several times but it never made my body tingle this way. He leaned in really close to me so he could get the tape measure around my back. His breath tickled my cheek. He lips were just inches from mine if I turned my head in the slightest way we'd be kissing which I would not in any way mind. He brought the piece around to the front and read the numbers off.

                   "OK then you do the hips." He slid his hands down a bit more gripping me just the slightest. He pulled the tape around and read some numbers off. "Now to measure my height I think last I checked I was five three." I said glumly "Short and sweet." Hunter said winking at me. He started at my toes and came up. "Yep, five three." He said. I put that in. "How would you measure me?" He asked.

                          "Here, here and here." I said touching him gently. He grabbed my fingers. "Hey that tickles." He said laughing. I locked my eyes with him. The air was so thick with...whatever this weird thing was. I wondered if he wanted to kiss me as bad as I wanted to kiss him. He bit his lip and I nearly lost it. "I think that is gonna be some dress you design." Hunter said and i could hear the heat in his voice. "Yea, i hope so." I said, it just as evident in mine. I needed something. Either him to kiss me or a cold shower. And neither one of us made a move.

                       So i took a step back. "We should uh go see my parents." I said clearing my throat. He shook his head stepping back as well. "Yea of course let's go." He said.