2 Months Later

"Max, you didn't tell me what hotel we are staying at." I said, as Max and I walked out of the restaurant we had just eaten at.

Max had gotten a new Paralegal job, and we went out to celebrate.

We were in Philadelphia, and we were having a night out. It was reminding me of the time we had our own prom night, skipping out on our regular proms.

"Just follow me." Max said, taking my hand.

As we walked, I recognized where we were.

"Are we staying at the same hotel that we stayed at for our prom night?" I asked.

"Bingo." Max said, "I was keeping it a surprise from you. I was even able to book the same room."

"How did you know what room it was?" I asked, with a chuckle.

"The hotel still had it on file, the room we stayed at over four years ago." Max said, as we kept walking.

I had butterflies in my stomach as we checked into the hotel, each of us carrying a small bag with a change of clothes and toothbrushes.

We reached the room, and put our bags down on the bed.

"Come here." I said to Max, "This was so thoughtful of you."

I embraced Max in a hug and she kissed me on the forehead.

"Anything for my girl." she said.

I then walked over to the window. All I could see when I looked out were the city lights.

Max walked over and stood next to me, looking out the window as well. She put her arm around my waist.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked me.

I turned to face her, and she put her hands on my hips.

"Sometimes I think about my younger self, who struggled so badly with her sexuality. Who prayed every single night that she could be straight. If I could tell her that everything was going to be okay...and she was going to find such an amazing woman to be with...I think it would have been much easier." I said, looking at Max.

"I understand." Max said, "But you got through it- and you're not struggling anymore with it. I know how bad the struggle was- in a different way. I was bullied for it, relentlessly. If I could tell younger Max that she was going to be okay, and also, like you, that she was going to find someone so phenomenal to be with one day- I think she would have been a little bit more okay."

"I hope that I'm making my younger self proud." I said, "I think that I am."

"I know that you are, Bella." Max smiled at me, "I think we are both making our younger selves proud. And not just the really young versions of ourselves. The two girls that met at work, and didn't know how much they would mean to each other. We are making them proud too."

"I love you, Max." I said, "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Bella. Endlessly." Max smiled at me.

We turned and looked out the window again.

Max put her hand on mine and said, "This is another one of those moments. That I am going to keep and capture in my mind forever. It's funny how all of those moments are with you."

I smiled at Max.

My whole journey was worth it.

For it to lead up to Max, and this moment right here- worth it.

End.

Thank you so much for reading!! I am planning an Epilogue to this story. I hope you enjoyed, I know it was a bit shorter than my other stories- but this one means a lot to me. 

If you have a moment, check out my other stories on my page <3