Chapter 5

One month had passed since that dreadful and embarrassing experience took place by the poolside, and Efe had done everything in her power to banish the memory aside as she deeply immersed herself in schoolwork.

She had shrugged the painful memory aside, blaming herself for everything,  she didn't love Jake, or did she,  but still, she flushed whenever she remembered the kiss they shared, the way his hands made her feel, the way his scent lingered in her memory.
He hated her, so why did she still feel so much likeness for him?

"Focus, Efe, and don't be weak."
Ebere had told her over the phone after she broke down in tears while telling Ebere everything that had happened.

She would focus now and avoid him like a plague, but it seemed he was the one avoiding her because she hadn't set eyes on him since the incident at the poolside. She wasn't going to ask Kelly anything else about Jake; after all, why would she care about someone who maltreated her at every chance he got?

She had spoken to her mum and dad last night, and she deeply missed them, but she had to stay back in the states to complete her degree, so she wasn't seeing them anytime soon. After all, her brother was here, so she wasn't lonely.

She sighed as she made her way to class, an important lecture was going to be held by 2 pm, and she didn't want to miss it all. She had worn a green misguided brushed-back sweatshirt and blue jeans, pairing it with a white converse shoe. She picked up her Black pocket detail nylon backpack as she made her way out of the dorm to the lecture hall.

*                     *              *

"Hello, class, I'm professor Yury, and I'm going to be talking about Mechanical, Thermal Physics, and Properties of Matter," Efe heard the professor say as she made her way to the second-to-last seat in the back row. She was 7 minutes late, and she didn't want to risk going to sit in the front row basically because she hated attention.

She sat down, bringing out her notebook and pen (to take notes)... She felt the hairs at the back of her neck stand on end. Someone was staring at her, and she felt it. She gradually turned to her left, and there he was, looking at her like she had stolen his kidney. 

He was sitting at the end of the row she was in.
She thought he was a second-year student, and she wondered why he had this class.. Not her business, she thought to herself.

She lowered her head, avoiding those hot eyes that had made her vulnerable and susceptible to his charms.

'BASTARD,' she mumbled under her breath.

Her body betrayed her as she took another peek at him. He was wearing black joggers and a hoodie.
Her heart gave a painful tug as she took him in... Her lips went dry as the memory of his body on hers in the pool flashed through her mind. She quickly averted her gaze from him. She felt his eyes on her, but she wasn't going to be a fool this time around.

She turned her head to take a last peek at him when she noticed he had his hands draped over the shoulders of a blonde white girl. The girl was whispering something into his ears, and he had a smile on his face. Her chest tightened, and she felt a stab of jealousy.

'What... I can't be jealous..why should I be' she thought to herself as she turned to stare at the lecturer teaching.
Deep down, she wondered if that was his girlfriend.. And a slash of pain made her chest tighten.

" Jerk," she mumbled again.

She paid attention throughout the class, ignoring the bastard with beautiful eyes.

"Now that will be all; see you all in class next week," the Lecturer said, dismissing the class.

Efe packed her stuff into her backpack, not bothering to look back at the lovebirds as she strutted out of the lecture hall. 

               *       *        *

Jake POV

He watched Efe as she made her way out of the lecture hall, his eyes roaming her entire body... He hated the way she made him feel, the sway of her hips as she walked down. What was this attraction that he felt? He thought to himself.
He could barely sleep at night; she tormented him in his sleep, and he couldn't even get the memory of their pool time out of his head.
Maybe there was no need to fight this attraction he felt toward her... perhaps the best thing to do at this point was to Fuck her so he could regain his sanity. He was sure he wouldn't feel the attraction again after bedding her. He would dump her as soon as he was done with her.

He smirked

"Jake, I've missed you, you don't call me anymore, and it's been so long since I felt you inside me," the voice of Mila brought him back to reality.

"I told you, Mila, I'm not in the mood, okay? When I am, I'll hit you up," he told her harshly as he stood up to leave the hall.

He and Mila had been friends with benefits for months, but it had been a month since he last had sex with her. She knew how to suck dick which was a bonus, but he didn't date, and he didn't kiss. He believed kissing was for the weak, but why did he kiss Efe, someone he barely knew? He thought to himself. At this point, he had to satisfy his sexual desires, and he needed to do it with Efe.

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote ❤️