Chapter 12

Efe tried to cry quietly while curled up on the bed in her room but she couldn't, her heart was broken into a million pieces. She wondered how Jake could treat her like trash after everything they shared.

"Fuck you jake" she muttered softly as the tears began to fall

She shuddered when she heard a knock on the door, thinking it was Kelly she slid off the bed and gently opened the door only to find Jake standing outside with his hands in his pocket.

"You really have no shame," she said as she tried slamming the door but Jake was fast enough to slide in.

"Efe, do you have time to talk," he said with a frown on his face.

"Time to talk about what? You must be shameless having to show your face around here ... Get out" Efe yelled at him

"Wait, are you jealous, I mean you and I were not a couple, we've never been a couple, how did you think that I would date you, an effin' negro" Jake said to her while staring into her eyes.

Efe scoffed, the tears in her eyes threatening to spill out at any moment.
" You white supremacist-son-of-a-bitch, I thought you were gonna be different, I thought you changed but you're still a fucking bastard, how the hell did I fall in love with someone as heartless and ruthless as you Jake, I hate you.. get the fuck out of my room and never show your face again" Efe said as she pushed Jake away to the door "you fucking piece of shit" she yelled at him.

"It's alright," he said with his hands up "I'm leaving," he said as he turned around and left.

And at that moment Efe bawled her eyes out.. cursing herself for loving him.

Jake's pov :

Jake felt so bad that the veins in his forehead were about to burst. 

"How the hell did I fall in love with someone like you"

Efe was in love with him, he thought to himself.

He hated himself for treating her this way.

She brought sunshine into his life, but he couldn't bring himself to tell her he loved her.

Worst of all, he couldn't bring himself to face his family with the truth that he had fallen in love with a black woman.

He sat down on the sofa in his room and cried........

4 weeks ago

(At Jake's family house)

"Jake, can I have a word with you" Jake heard Anthony his elder brother say?

"Yeah, sure bro what's up" He replied with a cheerful smile

" Someone sent this picture to me earlier in the day" Anthony shot back with a light frown on his face

Jake rose to see the picture and was shocked to the bones when he saw a picture of himself and Efe cuddled up together in the school garden. He remembered when the picture was taken some weeks ago.

"So you're fucking a negro now Jake?" Anthony said

"Fucking a negro you say.. I believe it's the 21st century.. I have the right to fuck who I wanna fuck Anthony" Jake bit out, with a frown on his face

"Mom and dad will be so disappointed in you.. this was not the plan little brother... and you know what else will happen when the entire family finds out right, you will be cut off from everything because mum would never accept a grandchild with the blood of a negro and you know this" Anthony said

" what......" Jake scoffed as he sank back into the couch with his head in his hands

" I believe you're a grown-up now and you know the right thing to do, Break up with her Jake," Anthony said with a frown as he walked out.

This was not how Jake wanted it to be, but at the same time, he wondered who sent the photo.

Your support is appreciated. Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment 💐