CHAPTER 11

"You look so different Efe," She heard Her brother say.  "Different? Not at all, maybe just a little flesh here and there" she replied as she smiled, her brother looked happier than she could remember.

"Am I missing something, why do you look so cheerful Osas? I'm curious, what's going on?" She asked him, with her brows furrowed while a sly smile formed on her lips.

"I met someone, well it's nothing serious yet but I find myself falling deeper if you ask me," Osas said while fumbling with the kitchen napkin on the table. She couldn't believe her ears, her shy elder brother in love..

" Osalobua (God ) you Osas, if someone walked up to me and said my brother was in love, I would have said impossible, wow, where's she from, I'd love to meet her," she said with a smile on her face.

She watched as he narrated how he met her, she was indeed happy for her brother...

Later in the night, she pulled out her mobile phone to check Jake's Instagram .. it had been hell not hearing from him and she felt awful.. she couldn't call him because she didn't want to interrupt anything he had going on but deep down in her heart, she wished and prayed he would call. Her body ached at the mere thought of him. What if he didn't want her again.. she shrugged the thought aside as she scrolled aimlessly on his Instagram profile.. looking at his pictures, running her fingers through the screen, wishing she could inhale his addicting cologne. She bit her tongue hard and set the phone on the table as she stripped off to take a cold shower..

She wished he would call her at least.

It had been 4 weeks now, and she still hadn't heard anything from Jake, school had resumed and everyone was back on campus, she had tried calling him but he never returned her calls. How could he discard her like that she thought?

"Efe, what are you thinking about," Kelly asked her

"Oh nothing at all, I'm just thinking about how I miss my mum and everyone back in Nigeria" she lied while faking a smile.

" oh it's normal my good friend, but I'm here for you either way okay" Kelly reassured her with a smile

" Thank you, Kelly, you're so sweet," she said with a huge smile on her face

Maybe there was no need asking Kelly about Jake.. But she felt an ache welling up in her heart... She loved him so much but maybe he didn't feel anything for her at all.

"Bastard" she muttered under her breath as she stared outside the window watching the birds fly by.

3 weeks later

Efe sat in class listening to the Professor talk about Morbid anatomy. She sighed as she jotted down some important points. Jake hadn't contacted her all this while, deep down she wished he was safe.

The professor brought the lecture to a close as she picked up her lecture notes and tucked them safely into her handbag as she strutted out of the lecture hall.

She heard a familiar voice opposite the hallway as she turned her head to confirm if she was merely hallucinating. Unfortunately, she wasn't as she saw Jake standing with his friends, his arms draped around a beautiful blonde girl, who in turn had her head on his shoulders with a wide smile on her face.

Efe felt her legs wobble, her heart skipped a beat as her hands flew to her chest. At that moment she was frozen in place, she felt her throat closing up and the tears forming in her eyes threatened to fall at any moment.

"Jake" she slowly mouthed, with no sound coming out of her mouth, and at that moment his eyes collided with hers. His eyes held no words, he turned his attention back to the blondie by his side, whispering something into her ears.

Efe turned and sauntered away with a huge ache in her heart.

Your support is appreciated. Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment 💐