Blackberries and Love sickness (11)

Breathing in the musky air of the early morning, I stepped out of my back door, anticipating that my new plants had grown. I had originally intended to only have flowers in terms of decoration, but I noticed some uncommon fruits growing around the pond, blackberries and cherries to be specific. I eyed my newly acquired lilac tulips as they'd finally sprung from their stems. Good. Turning my attention to the rest of the backyard I noticed two things. One, the newly sprouted blackberry bush and the BIG ASS cherry tree. Damn that's a tall tree.

It was most likely 5am at this point, so I'd better hurry before work started soon. Leaning forward a bit, I observed the bush. The blackberries were present alright, I carefully picked them off of the shrub and did the same with the cherry tree. I looked at my watch, 5:30 am, good I still had time for breakfast. Rushing into the kitchen I placed the fruit into the fridge for storage, I kept a few blackberries for the pancakes I decided on.

I had placed the mixing bowl down before I felt a strong pang in my stomach. Fuck I was thinking of J again. We had just had our first date about two weeks ago. We sat and bantered with each other before ending the event with J pulling me into a tight hug. Why did it feel like a goodbye? He hadn't posted in a while and he hasn't been online in a while either. I don't wanna bother him if somethings wrong, we're not boyfriends after all. And that's the problem, you're only a fuck buddy and gym partner. I clenched my jaw and began to angrily mix my ingredients together, nearly breaking the spoon in the process. Shut up, shut up, shut UP.

It was time to add the blackberries into my bowl. I grimaced at the darkened berries that slowly sank into the beige mix. I thought of J's laughter as I accidentally dropped my egg into the bowl while we made brownies, the way his bright smile got wider as I cursed back at him for laughing. I wonder if he would like pancakes too...

My frown deepened as I imagined him slightly bouncing in his seat as we ate, remarking how we should become chefs together. Our bakery would be called "Brownies for bros and other shit I guess" A sense of nostalgia and sadness filled my chest. I had finished my meal by this point and furiously swallowed my coffee along with the negative sentiments brewing inside me.

I was supposed to be a whore dammit, I was supposed to sleep around, lie, and cheat, leaving broken hearts in my wake. Yet here I sat in my dining room, reminiscing over some meathead frat boy...a very handsome and charming frat boy...FUCK. My alarm rang, ah....time for work. Perhaps being busy could drown out these silly feelings.