Was the wine bitter or me?

Jimin just finished baking a triple chocolate cake; this will be their dessert after dinner. Since JK is a meat lover, he decided to cook Galbi Jjim (Korean braised short ribs). For the side dishes, he opted for Korean cucumber salad, homemade kimchi, braised potatoes, and soybean sprouts. The cook told him Jungkook goes for Korean home-cooked meals rather than western food.

Hopefully, his husband will be surprised with dinner tonight.

--------------------------------------

The discussion of the terms of the merger went smoothly, as expected. Thankfully, the conversation between Jungkook and Jin is purely business-like. JK was able to do what he likes best, closing a business deal. Hoseok is already closing the meeting when JK's grandfather enters the conference room.

"Mr. Jeon, how are you?" Jin respectfully greeted.

"Kim Seok-jin! It's been a long time since I saw you, so the news is true that you are Jjangu's newest president."

"Yes, sir. And I am happy doing business with Bam Industries."

"This calls for a celebration. Why don't we have a social call? Dinner is on me." JK's hal-abeoji invited.

"Grandfather, I need to go home early. I promised Jimin to be home before dinner."

"Ahhhh, I'm so happy that you are enjoying your marriage life. But, I'm pretty sure that Jimin will understand that we will be dining with our friends." He turned to Jin, "Please excuse my lovesick grandson. He just recently married and was eager to come home to his husband."

"You are already married? You never mention it before." Jin curiously asked.

"Oh, he forgot to mention that fact since he was very excited about the meeting," Hobi answered.

"Yeah, that's right." JK agreed.

"So, it is settled. Let's now have dinner." 

-----------------------------------------

It is already 10:00 PM. I wonder what's taking him so long, Jimin wondered.  What if I call him? Pabo, then dinner will not be a surprise anymore.  I hope he will come home soon.

-----------------------------------------

"JK, are you ok? Don't you think you had too much wine?" Hobi asked.

"I'm good. I want this dinner to end. Jimin is already waiting for me."

"Did you call him earlier?"

"Oh, fuck! I forgot."

Jungkook was about to call Jimin when Jin approached them.

"Hi, guys. What's up? Jungkook, when will I meet your husband?" Jin asked as he joined the Hobi and JK.

"He will be joining us during the media conference on Wednesday and the launching party on Thursday night."

"He must be exceptional. Jungkook are so smitten by him."

"Jimin is an angel and very supportive of me." immediately retorted.

"Good for you." oblivious of JK's sharp tone.

"Errrr, so Jin hyung, what are you up to on these dates." Hobi nervously injected.

"My new position keeps me busy these days."

"I thought you should be married by now, hyung?" Hobi asked.

Jin briefly showed sadness in his eyes but was able to recover. " Let's say he changed his plans, so I had to change mine. That's why I'm here."

"Mending a broken heart, hyung? JK sarcastically injected.

"Maybe. Or maybe, I was also looking forward to seeing you guys again."

"You want to have a glimpse of the people you left behind for nothing," JK replied.

"Do we have a problem, Jungkook?" Jin finally asked.

"Last time we saw each other, you said you must follow your dreams and be with the one who completes you. So what are you now, huh?"

"Errr, I think it is getting late. Jungkook, Jimin must be worried waiting for you. Jin hyung, you must be tired of the travel and the day's activities. By the way, your grandfather left 2 hours ago, just in case you haven't noticed. As for me, I will meet with Tae for a few drinks."

"Tae? Who is Tae?" Jin asked.

Hobi's eyes sparkled before answering, "He is the guy I am currently seeing. He will be my date at our launching party."

"Good for you, Hobi hyung. You must give importance to people who value you and not let them down like a hot potato." JK replied before emptying another wine glass.

"Just like what I am currently doing with Jimin," JK thought.