A storm is brewing

Jimin couldn't believe what he had just heard. He was so shocked that he dropped the teacup he was holding. He quickly picked up the broken cup pieces and did not notice that he pricked his fingers. Tae stopped him from picking up the broken pieces, asked one of the maids to get the first aid kit, and mended Jimin's cut. He then hugged the latter for comfort.

No words were spoken for the past 30 minutes. Tae was worried because, aside from the initial shock, he could not read Jimin's facial expression.

"Love, are you ok?"

"I t-think so."

"I am so sorry, Bestie. If I made you sad, I think you need to know."

"What was his name again?"

"Who? Jjangu's new president?"

"Yes, Jungkook's first love."

"Kim Seok-jin."

Jimin took his phone and began searching for Seok-jin.

After some time, Jimin sadly sighed. "Bestie, I cannot compete with him. He is a Harvard graduate with the highest distinction. He took his master's in the same university and graduated with the highest distinction. He even bagged a place in last year's Top Ten list of most eligible bachelor of the business field."

"Let me see that. Bestie, no need to be sad. Jin only got the 4th place."

"Not funny, Tae."

"Come on, bff, have you seen yourself in the mirror? You are the second most beautiful person I've ever met. Of course, I am the first. But kidding aside, Jungkook chose you to be his husband. You are already married to him. There is no need for you to feel insecure."

"When I asked JK about yesterday, he did not mention this detail."

"Maybe, Jin being here was irrelevant to him."

"If Jin is irrelevant, why was Hobi hyung anxious about his return?"

Tae cannot think of anything to refute Jimin's argument. So, he decided that the best remedy, for now, was a tight hug to his best friend.

-----------------------------

Jungkook made sure that he was already at home before 6:00 PM. Since most of the merger's terms were discussed yesterday, he had no reason to stay in the office. He was able to talk again with Jin but decided to discuss matters in a business-like manner. Thankfully, Jin hyung did not bother to discuss personal stuff today. Hobi was also quiet today. He had a bad hangover after having a few drinks with Taehyung last night.

Jimin was not in the living area nor the kitchen, so JK decided to go straight to their bedroom. He found Jimin on the bed, curled like a letter C while facing the wall. He looked so small and vulnerable - God, how I love this person.

"Hi, baby. I miss you so much. Come here and kiss your daddy."

Jimin turned his back and tun towards Jungkook. He hugged the CEO tightly and did not want to let go.

"Hey, kitten. Calm down. I want you to purr for me."

Jimin meekly kissed JK's neck and had not uttered a single word. JK was not used to Jimin being quiet, so he held his husband's chin to look at his beautiful face.

"Baby, what happened? Have you been crying?"

"I am o-ok, Jungkook. My head hurts this afternoon. That's why I cried a little."

"Have you drank medicine for your headache? Let me ask Mr. Kim..."

"No need to call Mr. Kim. I already drank the medicine."

"Let me kiss the pain away, baby."

Jimin pushed JK gently and asked, "How's your day?"

But JK pulled his husband closer and started kissing his neck while answering, "Umm, it was ok."

JK's kisses made Jimin's knees weak, so he held the CEO close.

"Jungkook, I hope Jjangu's new president did not post any problem with the merger."

JK stopped kissing Jimin and looked him directly in the eye. "Babe, is your head still aching? You seemed distracted. And why are you calling me Jungkook? What happened to babe?"

"I'm sorry, babe. I did not mean to get distracted. But I have one last question, "Is there anything else you would like to share with me?"

"I planned to share passionate kisses with you and some body fluids." JK wickedly answered.

Jimin laughed at his husband's remark. Maybe I am just overthinking.

"I love you so much, babe."

"Believe me, angel, I love you more."