Strange encounter

Steve's POV.

I'm sitting in the class zoning out every five minutes.
-Harrington!- I hear.
-Um, yes?- I snap out of my thoughts.
-Answer my question.
Fuck, what did he ask? I look around the classroom and see people looking at me. Sam mouthing something.
-The answer is fifteen!- I say glad he helped me out.
-This is biology Harrington! To the principal's office, now!
Kids laugh while I stand up angrily, take my stuff and head out the door.
What's happening to me?

All day I couldn't think about anything else except Eddie. I saw his wrists. I never though it was that bad for him. I feel horrible for laughing at him. I always thought he didn't give two shits about anything. I guess I was wrong. Wonderful. I walked past the principal's office already. You know what? Fuck it. I need time to myself, to think about everything that happened yesterday. I figure Eddie would've left the house already. Hopping into my car I'm replaying the image of Eddie's wrist in my mind over and over again.
___________________________________________

I only realised that I zoned out after turning of the car engine infront of my house. I take my keys and unlock the door. Stepping into the house I hear something. Is Eddie still here?
-Eddie!- I yell. - You here?!
Sound stops
-Are you still here?- I ask again
-Hey man, did you miss me already?- He pops out of the corner faking a smile, but I can see he has been crying.
-You okay man?
-Why wouldn't I be?- He replies- Your bed's amazing.- He says stretching his arms out and then quickly puts them back into jeans pockets realising I was looking at his left arm.
-Umm, hey man, I wanna ask you something. Did, did you like, undress me?- He asks quietly.
-Um not gay if that's what you're asking.- I reply flustered.
-No, no, umm, did you like, see anything?- I glance at his wrist and he has got his answer.- Can you like, please not tell anyone about this? Please.- He requests hiding his arm behind his back.
-No, yeah, sure, I won't, it's your business dude. I won't tell anyone, I promise.
He looks relieved and ashamed.
-Thank you, I'm so sorry you saw that, I didn't want anyone to find out, especially like this, I am so so sorry.- Tears start flowing down his cheeks- I really didn't want this, you should've just let me there, I don't know why you didn't. I just don't want to worry anybody, and I didn't want to make my shit your responsibility. I'm so sorry, please don't do anything to me, please.
-Why would you think I'd hurt you?- I asked confused.
-Well, why-- why are you nice to me? You wouldn't be if you didn't get anything from this, and I don't have money, I don't have anything, so please, just, don't hurt me.
I stared at him, my eyes wide open. Who hurt him? I reached my hand out and put it on his shoulder. He was shaking.
-What happened to you?- I asked quietly. He lifted his head and looked at me, eyes full on tears.
-Nothing, nothing. I better go.- His voice was trembling.
-Sure I'll drive you home.- I offered.
-No, no you did enough, I won't be a burden, I'll just go.
-You sure?- He nodded; then go.- I said removing my hand from his leather jacket. Eddie winced, turned on his heel and after softly thanking me, headed out the front door, with the backpack hanging on his left shoulder. After he leaves I sit down on the floor not even bothering to go a few steps to the couch. I'm so confused.