Apology

Steve's POV.

I wake up and close my eyes shut again. I want what happened last night to be a dream. Please be a dream. I know it wasn't, but I desperately want it to be. I want that thing I felt and still feel to go away. I want to forget how his lips felt on mine and how his warms hands caressed my neck. I want to feel the same I felt a week ago. But now all I can think about is him. Eddie. How his beautiful dark eyes looked at me and how his palms softly griped my face as he kissed me, slowly, but passionately.

It's like I have an angel and a devil on each on my shoulders. The angel is saying "Come on Steve, Eddie's a druggie, he's no good. He has bad grades and all he cares about is getting drunk. He's not good enough for you, he is a bad influence. Be a good boy and just choose some girl like Linda or Mary." But the devil "Come on, who cares if he's a druggie. Don't listen to that shit head. You know he's a good person and has good morals, you like him so stop pretending you don't." Well, a smile appears on my face. I guess the devil is right for once.
______________________________________

Eddie's POV.

Turning around I see Steve Harrington running towards me. My heart drops. A part of me still hoped what he said wasn't true. I really didn't want it to end up like this. For once I thought that maybe I've found the right person. That maybe he ACTUALLY liked me. Actually cared. But it seems like the history is repeating itself. No one does. I turn back to face Jason waiting for a blow from the back. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder.
-Hey Eddie! Look, we didn't get to finish the project yesterday. Do you want to come to my place after school?
-I, umm.- I'm speechless.- Yes, sure.
-Wonderful! I think we have the same first class, let's go.- He turned to the jocks- see you guys later.
His hand guides me to the school's entrance, still not letting go of my arm. We walk past the class were supposed to go in, but I don't say anything. Finally we turn into a corner which was pretty empty.
-Okay, look- he looks nervous- what I said last night, it wasn't true. I was lying. I just got very scared. I'm not going to tell anyone. It wasn't a dare. I'm so sorry. I really didn't want to hurt you.
He looks genuine. Does that mean he likes me? Cares? Is that tears in his eyes.
-Oh, no no no. Please don't cry. I forgive you, okay? It's okay. Don't cry.- I start to panic.
-What? I'm not crying.- He tries to blink away the tears.
-Well, ok. I forgive you. I'll go to class now.
-No. No. I know that I hurt you and I know that only saying sorry isn't going to change that- he says grabbing my shoulders to stop me; And I want you to trust me, I really do. And I'll do whatever I need to, to prove myself trust worthy to you. I know that we talked like two times, but I want to get to know you better. So. Yeah. That's that.- He lets me go. I quickly turn around and walk away.