much needed support

Steve's POV.

I get to the trailer park and knock on Eddie's door. Hit takes only a few seconds and he opens the door. He smiles big and after saying he has to get a few things runs off to his room.

I step into his trailer and look around. I've never actually payed attention to the decor which was very minimal but cozy. A sofa was standing in the middle of the living room and i spot a television to infront of it. Movie CDs are scattered all over the floor next to the small TV and i come closer to inspect them. Almost all of them are horror movies but i also spot a few action and sci-fi films. Eddie comes running out of the bedroom with a black hoodie and a chain hanging of his jeans. He looks pretty, attractive even. "So, you ready to go" i try to hide that I'm flustered and smile at him. "Yeah man, I'm done. Where do you want to go?" I've been thinking about it all morning but i still don't know where we could hang out. "Do you maybe want to go to the cinema or something? I've figured you like movies, they're showing some new sci-fi film today." i say pointing to the pile next to the TV. "Oh, yeah, sure. Sorry for the mess, it's just that no one really comes here." "It's okay dude, don't worry about it."

We head out the door Eddie locking it behind him. "I've heard you stood up for Robin. Thank you. That was really nice of you." I say looking at the ground. "Don't mention it. I always try to stand up for people whenever possible. If anyone knew what it's like to be bullied it would certainly be me." I chuckle slightly. "I suppose that's true. I wanted to say thank you by paying off Jason and his friends, so you don't have to worry about them attacking you anymore. Just please be careful next time, because if you keep going at that pace I'll soon be bankrupt." I laugh. He stares at me in shock. "You what?" "I payed them off." "But, but why?" I see confusion in his eyes. "I helped my friend, that's the least I could do." "No, no man you've done more than enough, this is too much." He looks troubled, i thought he'd be happy. " No, no i wanted to do that. I've got more money than i know what to do with, so believe me it's a small thing." He looks at me confused. "But you've already done enough. I'm not a charity case you know?" Eddie looks offended. "No, no of course not! I'm not saying that. I just. I wanted to help you. I feel bad for all those years of misery that i caused you. That's the least I could do."

Eddie's POV.

He payed them. For me. He got them off my back, i didn't even ask him. So, does that mean he actually cares? He does. That's the only logical answer to his actions. "I know it's not even enough, this is just the start of repaying you for all the pain i caused you." He gets emotional. "Oh come on man, it's okay and, thank you. Truly, thank you. Now just, let's go." "No problem Eds." He gets in his car nonchalantly while i just look at him. Did he just call me Eds? He gave me a nickname. That's the sweetest thing anyone in my school has ever done. Am i falling for him?

Yes.

I am.