The Past

Fighting against a vampire is never a good idea. Dillon stood up, grabbing my wrist in the process. He yanked me to my feet, nearly ripping my arm out of its socket. You'd think that I would know Dillon well enough to watch what I say around him, but I couldn't control myself. The thought of being Dillon's sickened me. Tears filled my eyes are his grip tightened on my wrist, nearly snapping it in half.

            "Dillon, let me go!" I yelled, trying to pry his hand off my wrist.

            He simply ignored me and continued to walk upstairs towards our bedroom. He walked in, pushing me onto the bed as he slammed the bedroom door shut. I hoped that he didn't wake up the twins. The silence between us was deafening. I couldn't understand how he could do this to me. I was his best friend at one point, and I knew he couldn't ignore that.

            "You still think you're Jace's? I'm going to take everything Jace ever gave you." He snarled, as he climbed on top of me.

            He smirked sinisterly at me, and then reached for my neck. I wasn't sure what he was doing until he grabbed the wolf necklace that Jace had given me a year ago. I'd never taken it off because of how much it meant to me, even when I hated Jace. I felt the pendant being yanked off my neck, and I couldn't control my whimper when I watched him crush the irreplaceable necklace. With his super strength, it was nothing.

            He tossed the destroyed necklace to the ground, and I had to admit my eyes were filled with tears. My eyes widened when he grabbed my left hand and I knew exactly what he was going to do. I screamed and tried to yank my hand away from him. I kicked and punched with my other hand but he managed to grab my wedding ring off my finger.

            "Hm, what a beautiful ring. What should I do with it?" He mocked, laughing in the process.

            Tears streamed down my cheeks as he crushed my ring into nothing. The symbol that represented Jace and our marriage was gone. A satisfied looked appeared on Dillon's face and if I had my wolf's powers, I'd beat the crap out of him. I haven't missed Jace so much than I did right now. I wondered what he was doing right now.

            "Now, we're not going to mention Jace's name again, or are we going to have to go a step farther?" He asked, staring me down, daring me to say something.

            I knew what he was implying, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. There was only one thing left that Dillon could steal from me and it was currently tattooed on my neck. It wouldn't be hard to remove my mark and he knew it. Sure, Jace told me it would be painful to have a mating mark removed; it would destroy both partners, mentally and physically.

            "I hate you!" I growled, tears rolling down my cheeks, as I desperately tried to escape his grip.

            "You'll learn to love me." He smirked, caressing my cheek, causing me to jerk away.

            "How about you go to sleep. I'll be joining you later. You've had a long day." He suggested, kissing me on the lips, making me shiver with disgust.

            I watched as he got off of me and headed to the door. Before he left, he gave me a smirk, knowing he had all the power over me. I wiped away my tears that stained my face. I wanted to forget everything that happened, but that wasn't going to happen. I desperately wanted to talk with my wolf, knowing she would also feel my pain of losing Jace. I knew he'd spend his entire life trying to find me, and that's what scared me.

            I didn't want his life to be ruined just because of me. As long as the twins were safe, I could manage here, even if I died inside every second I was locked up here. I walked over to the window to see that the sun was setting. We were in the woods, no civilization was seen in any direction. I frowned, knowing that escaping wasn't an option at this point. If I could talk Dillon into letting my wolf rise and not to give me the wolfsbane, then I could escape, but Dillon wasn't stupid.