Lilly

I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks. From that moment, I knew I couldn’t tell Jace about Dillon because even he couldn’t prevent what was going to happen. I had a week to decide what to do and I had no idea what that would be. The thought of leaving my family killed me inside but if I didn’t, then I would be taken anyway and Jace would die and my children would be raised by that monster.

            Then I looked around and realized that I was alone. The twins were gone and so was Jace. What if Dillon came while I was sleeping and took them? I frantically jumped up from the bed and was about to head for the door. I prayed that Jace knew where they were and that I was just paranoid from the dream.

            “Jace! Where are the twins?” I shouted, when I heard him walking towards the door. I knew it was him because I could smell his sweet scent that made my wolf go crazy. Though, I had better control of myself to not let my wolf take over.

            “Calm down, I took the twins because they were crying. You must have been tired because you were out cold. You didn’t even wake when they both started crying. I fed and changed them both, they’re sleeping in their cribs now and don’t worry, the window is fixed and I moved Rayna’s crib so she wasn’t by it.” Jace said walking into the guest room, where we had stayed.

            Now that the window was fixed, we could back into our room. I sighed with relief, knowing that I didn’t have to worry about the window and Rayna anymore. I was glad Jace moved it to protect her. I stepped back and plopped onto the bed, Jace following me as well. We laid, side by side on the bed in silence.

            “Were you crying? Your eyes are red and puffy.” Jace asked, and I knew I’d have to tell him about the nightmare, just not go into details about it.

            “I had a nightmare last night, but it’s fine.” I lied, hating that I had to lie to him, but what else could I do?

            I glanced at the clock and groaned when it said that it was only seven in the morning. Wait, wasn’t Jace concerned that I slept from three in the afternoon to seven in the morning? That’s almost a full day of sleeping. My stomach growled loudly, causing Jace to chuckle. It was obvious that I’d be hungry after missing dinner last night. He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. The house was silent and I knew everyone else was still asleep.

            I wasn’t in the mood for breakfast food so I walked to the fridge and pulled out a plate of leftover steak that I’m guessing the pack ate last night. Jace stared at me with amusement as I heated up the steak. I gave him a quick smile before getting my food out and eating it like I’d never ate before.

            “Steak for breakfast?” He chuckled.

            “Yeah, why not?” I shrugged, shoving another piece of food in my mouth.

            He just rolled his eyes and laughed as I happily finished my meal. Food was food, it didn’t matter what time of day you eat it. The kitchen door flung open and Brent walked in, smiling at the leftover steak on my plate. Why did everyone think it was hilarious to eat steak in the morning? I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

            “You have a visitor, Jace.” He said.

            Then the door opened again and a girl who looked to be my age, rushed into the kitchen. She had medium length, black hair and was wearing a cute, brown dress that matched her eyes. I was slightly jealous of her because she was stunning in every way and then there was me, still having my fat from the pregnancy.