Ch 9

Tessia's parents came home and I could tell they weren't happy.
They sat us all down for dinner and ate in awkward silence.
Ellie reaches her hand under the table and we started to thumb wrestle I won of course, and I made sure to make sure my sleeve didn't roll up again this time. I decided to let Ellie win the next round and she cheered silently.

I started to pout dramatically and Ellie started to giggle which made me feel a little better.
"You two look like your having fun." Virion put down his fork and chugged down his wine.
"We were just playing a little game" I said.

And yet again the silence reawakened.
I couldn't ignore the glum look on Virion and Tessia's parents faces.
Something must've happened with the council.

Virion continue to drink one glass after another and it was clear he was very drunk by the time dinner ended.
"Are you ok Grandpa?" Tess asked.
"Better then ever my grand daughter!" He practically fell out of his chair.
"Why don't we all go to the main room and play some party games" he suggested.

Tessia's parents didn't bother arguing and we all followed Virion and watched as he practically danced his way over.

I could see the concerned look on both of my parents faces, And could tell they're trying to keep a smile on their faces.

Once we arrived we all played a couple of different games and Virion continued to drink and my dad joined him along with him.
He didn't get as drunk but he was definitely getting there. I also snuck a drink or two myself.
Me Ellie and Tess has a couple of board games, while the adults did their thing.
"What are they playing?" I wondered.

"They're playing some type of truth game which involves a special type of magic item which sorta of forces you to let out your true feelings." Tess answered.
"Wow, they must be drunk drunk" i laughed while continued to completely destroy Tess in thumb wrestling.
It reminded me of how me and Nico used to play at the orphanage when we had nothing to do.
I wanted to cry again but I held back.
"Are you ok brother?" Ellie looked concerned.
"Yeah, I'm fine, why don't we make fun of the adults" I suggested.
We all headed to them and heard Virion practically choking on his words.

"Why does my life have to be so hard. I just don't get why I have such bad luck.
It's like I was born cursed." Virion complained.