Ch 11

"I've gone insane! I'm seeing thing now, how is that possible?" I decided to just stay on the ground and just stare at the sky.

I should probably head back soon but I don't want to, they're going to ask me where I went and so many questions I don't have the energy to answer.
"What did I do do to deserve this?, I'm tired of pretending to be happy and acting like everything is ok when it's not"
Maybe this is karma.... for all the lives I've taken. That would make sense.

I pull myself off the ground and headed back to the Ereliths home. By the time I got back it was in the middle of the night.
I snuck in with no problem and headed to Ellie's room.
I wanted to stay with her tonight because she matters most to me right now.
I peek in and see her sat upright with Sylvie cuddled against her. she was probably waiting for me to get home.
"Sorry for worrying you" I set her head down on her pillow and cover me and her with a blanket and held her close, afraid she would disappear like everyone else.
"Please don't leave me."

~next morning~
I pry my eyes open and see Ellie head in my chest crying.
"Are you ok Ellie? What's wrong?" I pull strands of hair out of her face.
"Why did you leave brother? We were worried about you." She said.
"Sorry Ellie I just needed to clear my head for a little while" I smile and gave her one last hug before letting go.
"I guess we should go get breakfast now, I'm sooo hungry." I say trying to sound as happy as possible.
I take Ellie's hand and head downstairs and see everyone already at the table.
I hold my smile and sit down next to Ellie.
Nobody said anything probably because there was nothing to say.
I made eyes contact with Virion and couldn't help but look away think about the events that took place the night before. guilt washed over Virions face.
The servants finally start to bring in breakfast, and once we all had the our plates someone finally broke the silence.