Ch 17

"What's going on? Didn't I just die?"
I was standing in the middle of a white room with crystal water lining the floor with a very familiar small rundown door.
"HELLO? IS ANYBODY THERE?" I yelled. But got no response.
I decided to go through the familiar door like any other person would do.

The door creaked and I was met with the small beds of the orphanage I once slept in.

A kid ran past me startling me. I found there to
Be many more kids playing about.

But none seemed to notice my presence. But one.
A small malnourished blond boy with a faint smile planted in his face.

He walked up to me and grabbed me with his small hand. "Come on! I've been waiting for you." He said.

He led me to his bed and picked up a run down teddy bear and handed it to me.
"Thanks," I told him and took the bear and held it under my arm.

He continued to walk me through the orphanage not saying a word.

We stopped in front of a white door and he let go of my hand.
"I'll be right back." He said before running off.
I thought about waiting for him but the door was just to tempting.
The door opened without a sound and i saw a lady standing in the middle of another white room with a big window looking over the city I once ruled.

"You has quite a beautiful place here, Art"
I practically fell over running to her.
"GRANDMA SYLVIA! I've missed you so much," I was trying to hold myself together but tears continued to well in my eyes.
"I've missed you to..... little art" she giggled.

I held her tight.

"Your gonna suffocate me art." She took my face and held it close to hers.
"Now, you've got to hurry dear." She pulled me off her.

"Why?! I want to stay with you!" I tried to argue but she hushed me and pointed at the door.
"Will see each other again, I promise. But your journeys not over yet."

She walked me to the door and opened it up for me. I took her word for it and went through the door.
I was blinded by light.
I covered my eyes and waited for it to die away.
I removed my hands from my eyes and saw my family..... Alice, Reynolds, Ellie. They were all smiling happily. I let out a small sob but kept myself composed.

I pried my eyes from their smiling faces and saw my final destination.

I felt someone grab my hand and saw him. The little blond boy......me.
"You didn't think you were going alone, did you?" He smiled and so did I, tears were falling from both of our faces..... because we both were waiting for this moment.

We walked through the last door hand in hand smiling a true smile.

Tell me what you all thought of this chapter and what you would like next.