Ch 18

Reynolds picked up lifeless body and carried him downstairs with with no emotion.
"Everyone was grieving at the loss of such a bright and smart boy.

Virion couldn't move. He was stuck. Unable to face the situation that he witnessed.
He loved the boy with all his heart. Suddenly Virion remembered Something. Those bandages on Arthur's wrist he saw when they visited at the spring home. How could he have been so naive?
This was going to break Tessia. How will he tell her?

Alice picked up Ellie and started down the halls. By then she wasn't crying anymore she was just trying to stay conscious.

She saw her husband collapse at the bottom of the stairs and completely lose it.

She put a spell over Ellie making her fall fast asleep with her tear stained face.
And set her down against a wall.

Alice proceeded to walk down the stairs, but every step she took made her want to take one step back. Her world crumbling more and more the closer she got.

She touched her husbands shoulders unable to look at what was in his arms.

"Why? He asked. Why would Arthur do such a thing?"
Alice didn't have the answer, because she wanted to ask the same question.

Virion finally was able to walk out of the bathroom, away from the bath of blood. And the family picture that was now on the ground.

He walked past Alice and Reynolds.
And was about to leave before he stopped himself.
"I'm so..... sorry" then left without saying another word.

They didn't respond to Virion because there was nothing to say.
Arthur was gone.... dead.
"Was he not happy with his life here?"
"We're we not good parents?"
"Should we have given him more attention?"
These thoughts traveled through both of their heads like a endless hurricane.

Reynolds looked down at his son pale face and saw a small smile.

"Was he happy?" Reynolds said.
Alice was shocked by his question. "What do you mean?" Alice asked still expressionless.
"He's smiling such an unusual smile like he's wanted this for a long time. And I was just to stupid to notice." Reynolds said with bitter voice. 

"Don't put all the blame on yourself!" Alice yelled. This is my fault too, he wouldn't of done this if- " Alice couldn't finish her sentence, her sobs escaped her lips.

Reynolds set his son down very carefully as if he would break by the lightest touch.
He left the room and came back with a towel and a blanket and began cleaning up his son. wiping away all the dried blood on his wrist and hands, drying all the blood stained water off his body. He looked like the same besides his pale skin.
He wrapped him up with soft the blanket.
And both of Arthur's parents stared at their son who looked at peace.

they both held eachother for a very long time.

Don't worry guys, I'll give his parents closure.