6

Kie's POV:

I spent all night tossing and turning thinking about Logan and JJ. I got up super early the next morning and headed to the airport. I arrived and I saw Logan waiting exactly where he said he'd be. He looked up at me and he smiled.

"Good morning, I didn't think you were going to show" He said hugging me

I looked at him and said, "I'm not here for the reason you think I am. I would love to travel the world with you, but I can't right now. You seem like an amazing guy, Logan and maybe if things were different there might be a chance but you don't deserve me. My heart will never fully be yours, no matter how bad I might want it to be"

"Damn, that boy who has your heart must be pretty special"

"He is" I said smiling as I thought about JJ

"I understand and I hope things work out, but if they don't give me call someday"

"Thank you and I will. Have fun traveling the world, Logan"

"I will, goodbye, Kiara" He said hugging me goodbye as he walked into the airport

That was much harder than I expected it to be. I gave him a few minutes and I walked into the airport. I went to the desk and I bought one ticket to Yucatan, Mexico. This is the place that JJ was always obsessed with. I never knew why, he never told me. We visited the country on our trip. I went to the same place we stayed, hoping he'd magically be there.

I checked into a hotel room and I went to the beach. I pulled my phone out and okay since the day JJ left I have been sending him emails. I told him about my day, and how much I missed him, and told him to please come home. It was stupid but it was the only thing he might be able to see from me since he left his phone.

JJ,

So our friends keep telling me to move on, find someone new, and get over you but I can't. I went to Jamacia and met this stranger, Logan. He kissed me and he wanted me to come and travel the world with him. He was amazing, but he wasn't you. I'm sorry, I didn't know he was going to kiss me. It feels like I cheated on you. I stayed at the same place we stayed on the surf trip. You know, the place where we almost got married but had to evacuate the island before a huge hurricane. I wish we would have stayed and gotten married because life is hell without you. The only thing I want in life is you. I need you.

I finally finished your house and it's perfect, J. It's the happy house you always wished for, the happy family is just missing. Please come home to me and have babies with me. I hate that you left me alone and I never want to be alone again. I love you, Jackson James Maybank.

Love, Kie

I hit send on the email as I laid on the beach watching the sun go down. I spent three days here and then I was ready to go back home. I arrived at my house. Wow, that felt weird saying my house to what used to be JJ's house. I unpacked and I hung up the white dress. I had to get ready for work tomorrow. I ended up getting my old job in Califonia back and they were letting me work remotely. It did require me to come in for a week every three months and I was okay with that. I needed the money and I needed to be back home.

I had been home for three days and Sarah called me and apologized. I sent a group text inviting everyone over tonight for drinks. They were all coming over and super excited to see the place.

They arrived around 7 pm and Sarah and John had Wheezie watching the baby. It was just the five of us. I gave them a house tour, it wasn't much as the house was small. Laundry room, living room, kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom, and the two extra bedrooms.

We had a few drinks and I told them all about Jamacia and Mexico. I even told them about Logan and how I'm just not ready to move on.

"That's okay, Kie... I guess if it was John B then I would feel the same way you do" Sarah spoke up

"Yeah, I mean I don't understand what you see in him but I get it" Pope said jokingly as that had always been the joke between the four of us

"Hey, he's her soulmate that's the only explanation," John B said

"Who would have thought, JJ and Kie" Sarah said looking at me as we both thought back to our kook days

Another three months passed and I was in California this week for work. I had just finished the workday and I headed over to JJ's Surf Shop. I had a meeting with the manager to see how things were going. Every month, I got money reports and did paychecks, and dealt with the business side of things. Things were amazing here and I actually just made a deal to hire more instructors and expand the shop.

I borrowed one of the boards and I went out surfing. I missed these waves so much. I had been out for about an hour when Carl, one of the original guys that JJ hired, came to join me. We surfed for a bit and then we just on our boards and floated in the water where it was knee-deep.

"So he really left without saying goodbye?" Carl questioned

"Yeah, he left a note"

"You know he came into the surf shop that day and he told us that his girlfriend would be in sometime later this week to sort things out because he had to leave. I asked him where he was going and he wouldn't tell me. He seemed like he was in a rush. I'm sorry that he left you like that"

"I just wish I knew why. It's been killing me not knowing where he is. I just wish I got to say goodbye and know what he's safe."

"If I ever see or hear from him, I promise that you will be the first one I call"

"Thank you"

"You know that Chad has a huge crush on you, right?"

"Yeah... And it's never going to happen" I said and we both laughed

I went back to my hotel and went home the next morning. Another seven months went on and my mom had sat me down and told me it was time to grow up and move on from JJ. We got in a huge fight over it. No one understands how much I miss him.

Next chapter is going to be intense 👀👀👀