14

Kie's POV:

The next morning, we got up and got ready as we were going to my parent's house. Apparently, they wanted to apologize and meet the baby. I didn't want to go but JJ knew it was the right thing to do. He drove to Figure Eight and carried the car seat up to the door with our daughter in it. He looked at me and said, "We can leave whenever you want"

My mom opened the door and she immediately hugged me and she was crying. She apologized and said how guilty she feels that I had to go through it all alone.

"I wasn't alone. I had JJ and his mom and sister" I said

My dad didn't say much and we walked inside then JJ took Ella out and said, "Meet your granddaughter, Ella Jessica Maybank"

"She's absolutely perfect, she looks like you as a baby" My mom said as JJ handed Ella to her

My mom immediately fell in love with her granddaughter. My mom held her and talked to her and then she passed her off to my dad and she went to JJ and said, "I'm sorry to you too. I know your relationship with my daughter is none of my business, but you hurt her when you left and that is my business because I don't ever want to see my baby girl hurt. I was wrong to treat you that way because clearly Kiara still loves you and she forgave you and that means I need to do the same. I've never seen my daughter happier than when she is with you. I hope you'll accept my apology"

"Thank you and yes, of course, I'll accept your apology, Mrs. Carerra"

"JJ, we're family now. You can call me Anna"

My mom hugged JJ and my stupid hormones made me cry. My mom came and talked to me all about my labor and delivery. My dad was talking to JJ and all I heard JJ say was, "If someone ever does what I did to Kiara to Ella, I wouldn't be this kind to them."

My mom and I laughed at that comment and we continued to talk. My dad brought me, Ella, back as she was getting fussy. I held her and my dad and JJ were each sipping a beer and then they went outside which was strange. They came back a couple of minutes later and my mom asked us to stay for dinner. She went to start cooking and I sat with JJ in the living room feeding our daughter. My dad was in the kitchen helping my mom.

JJ was burping Ella and I went to the kitchen and my parents both smiled at me and said, "You really picked a good one"

"I know" I said looking at JJ in the other room with our baby

We ate over there and then headed home. JJ got Ella down and I went to take a shower. We laid in bed together and talked about my parents. We spent the entire day there. Tomorrow we were going to the chateau to introduce Ella and meet John B and Sara's new baby. Pope was also going to be there with Cleo.

We arrived and everyone was freaking out over the new babies. We took a ton of pictures of the newborns and it was a perfect afternoon. JJ and I left a few hours later and we were exhausted from our baby girl. We went to bed early and were woken up many times to crying. JJ got up every single time and he would make bottles, change her, and bring her to me so I could nurse her. 

She was asleep in my arms and it was four in the morning. 

"She's pretty prefect," I said smiling

"Yeah, just like her mom" He said kissing me

The next two months were going by so fast. JJ was busy working and he was such a good dad. He was taking a trip to California today for four days to visit the surf shop as it was opening another location.

JJ didn't want to leave and I didn't want him to go either. He knew how much I struggled when he left, even if it was just for a vacation. I drove him to the airport and Ella was in the backseat. We sat there for a second and he hugged me and then kissed me.

"I love you, I'll see you in four days"

"I know, I love you, J. Have a safe trip" I said crying

"Fuck, I can't do this" He said not wanting to leave me

"Yes, you can and you have to. I need to work on being away from you. I'll be okay, I have Ella and we'll talk. You go get on that plane and go to California to run your growing business. Make your girlfriend and daughter proud. I love you"

He kissed me and said, " I love you both so much"

"We love you too" I said kissing him one more time as he got out of the car and grabbed his suitcase and entered the airport