Chapter 1

"Ugh, great! Now we have to recharge, thanks a lot, Wukong!" The shadow monkey plopped down angrily while his sunny counterpart sat down next to him and grinned, "You're very welcome." Macaque huffed but didn't feel any anger towards Wukong. "Whatever, now concentrate." He closed his eyes and breathed out, unintentionally dropping his glamour.

"Ughhh, but I hate not doing anything!" Macaque only muttered a quick, "Shut up, Wukong." And let himself drift away...

Tang looked up at the now glowing monkeys and chuckled, "Looks like they really battled it out!" Mei looked over and gasped, "Woah, is that what Macaque ACTUALLY looks like?" MK and Mei rushed over, fascinated. "Oh, so the 'Six-ear-macaque' really does have six ears!" Mei looked over and quirked a brow, "Uh, yeah? Did you think it was just a name?" MK cleared his throat, "Uh, no. I just-"

A boom echoed and dust filled the air, a demon was attacking.

MK brought out his staff and grinned, "You busted into the wrong mountain, bucko! HERE COMES MONKEY KID!" MK launched himself into the air, raising his staff high and brought it down-

-into a glowing ax that sent him flying. "MK! HOW DARE YOU!" Mei ran towards the demon and slashed at it with her sword, and once again the glowing ax repelled her power and sent her back. Sandy caught her, placing her down gently, "You okay, Mei?" Mei nodded and scowled, "It's his stupid weapon!"

The demon grinned, "Let me introduce myself, hm? I am Mencius, and this weapon will allow me to defeat you. Without the Monkey King and his shadow to help you, you will be demolished!" Pigsy glanced at Tang and pursed his lips, "No, Pigsy you KNOW what happened the last time!"

Mencius brought the weapon down, and a crater followed by cracks rang out and shook the whole mountain. Monkeys screamed in fear and Pigsy didn't hesitate to rush toward the powerful monkeys. MK appeared from the smoke, distracting the demon long enough for Pigsy to awaken Macaque and Wukong.

Two beams of light, one golden and one purple illuminated the area. "Wukong, look! A demon's destroying the mountain!" "Not on our watch!" Two beams of light collided with Mencius, destroying the weapon and sending him flying into the horizon.

"Monkey King, Macaque, you did it!" The two monkeys turned towards MK and blinked, "Uh... thanks. Do we know you?" Before anyone could react, Macaque gasped in shock and felt his right eye, "Wukong! Wukong, my eye!"

Wukong grabbed Macaque's face and looked at the ugly scar covering his right side, "Mac, what happened?" Macaque's eyes widened, "I don't know! Wukong, where'd the fillet go?" Wukong freed one hand and felt his head before beaming, "I'm free! But your face!"

The gang except for Pigsy and Tang stared in confusion, what was going on?