Chapter 13 (Part 1)

(I woke up and chose angst today
⋆⸜ ꪔ̤̮ ⸝⋆)

Another strange weapon was destroyed and a demon was defeated. It was weird, the weapon was glowing white and seemed to paralyze anyone it struck. Macaque had been hit and had to have his limp form carried away by Wukong. Not that they minded very much.

After the weapon was destroyed its effects were reversed, but it still left unsolved questions. Where were they getting these weapons, and how many were out there?

MK glared warily at another demon, this demon had dark blue skin and light, short sky-blue hair. He had a single black eye and a scythe. It glowed a bright purple. MK groaned, "WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE?!" The demon smiled, "The Blacksmith." 

MK paused, "The what-?" He yelped and barely managed to dodge the glowing weapon. Monkey King snatched him out of the air and set him down, "MK, do you know what the weapon does?" MK shook his head, "No, but he says he got it from 'The Blacksmith'. Whoever that is." 

They dodged again, and Monkey King used his foot to kick the scythe out of the way. His foot glowed purple for a few seconds, "Uh oh, I guess touching it is enough to use its ability. See that, bud? No touchy!" MK would've laughed if it weren't for the fact he almost got smacked, "WOAH- So what now?!" 

Monkey King's eyes suddenly glowed a bright red, "Gold vision, bud!" Their surroundings became golden and they found a weak spot, the demon was bad at blocking attacks aimed at his back! They moved around, weaving around each other.

Wukong grinned and dodged, "Sup, demon?" MK strikes down the demon with the staff and grinned, "TAG, you're it!" The demon crashed into the ground and Monkey King lifted a chunk of concrete, bringing it down on the scythe.

Once the scythe shattered, the demon angrily disappeared in a ring of smoke before anyone could grab him. Monkey King didn't feel anything wear off, though...

"Come on, let's head back! I bet Pigsy's worried- Monkey King?" Monkey King stared at his foot and glared at it, he couldn't feel it. It was numb yet cold, and he couldn't move it unless it was to pick it up from the ground. It was also oddly heavy.

Monkey King walked over to MK and nodded at him, "Yeah, let's go." 

---

"Wukong, MK! Are you two okay?" Macaque grabbed their faces, looking over them, "Oh, Peaches! You and the kid both need a good grooming!" MK sighed with a content smile, "Can you groom us after we eat?" Mei waved them over while Tang slurped up his noodles.

"So what was the weapon now?" MK went on to tell everyone what had happened while eating noodles. Monkey King silently slurped up his, grimacing as he realized he couldn't feel his leg now and the numbness was making its way up his knee. He stretched out his leg.

Mei frowned, "Wait, so if it did something to Monkey King, is he okay?" Monkey King gulped down his food, "Jus' peachy." Macaque glared at him, "Okay, remove your boot." Okay, so he was still learning to share and communicate stuff. But he didn't wanna worry them, and he was sure nothing was wrong.

"Why? It doesn't hurt." Pigsy mumbled something, spun Wukong in his chair, and planted his hands firmly on the monkey's shoulders. Macaque quickly slipped off both boots and gasped, "Wukong! This is NOT nothing!"

Monkey King peaked down and froze. 

His left foot was completely normal, but his right foot... It was stone. 

Wukong frantically pulled up his pant leg, and was met with more stone. "Wukong, why didn't you say anything!" Macaque angrily muttered whatever came to mind as he felt Wukong's leg. MK stared with wide eyes, "Is he- Will he be okay?" 

Monkey King frowned, "Probably. I can't die, but that'll just mean I'll be conscious while stone." Everyone froze, unable to process why Monkey King was so calm about his petrification. "What? The weapon was destroyed, the effects will reverse. I won't stay stone forever." 

That was a good point.

"Still, Wukong, you should be worried!" Wukong felt the stone pass his knee, and his left foot started to go numb, too, "Why should I worry? I trust you. All of you." That left everyone speechless.

---

Wukong was laying on the floor in his home, the stone spreading past his forearms and reaching his shoulders. He couldn't breathe anymore since his chest already turned to stone, but it didn't even faze him.

He lazily turned over to the doorway, waiting for Macaque and MK to come back from sparring. His clothes had remained the same, he'd look like a dressed up statue. If he could, he would've laughed at the thought.

The petrification had only started yesterday afternoon, but it had spread fast.

Wukong turned to stare up at the ceiling and smiled softly, he hoped he didn't worry everyone too much. He hoped this would be over soon. And he hoped he could tell Macaque how he felt.

Wukong's eyes flickered to a vase of flowers and he instantly knew how he would confess his feelings, even if he'd have to do it without the kids' help. Just as he grinned from the thought, he finished turning to stone.

"Wukong! We're back, I brought you some peaches!" The door creaked open, and the house had a cozy atmosphere. That is, until MK and Macaque spotted a stone monkey laying on the floor, a grin pointed towards a vase of sunflowers. Macaque had promised he wouldn't be too upset.

Well screw that, because he instantly dropped to his knees and wailed. 

MK just stared in pure shock, "But he- But he was hit YESTERDAY! How did it move so fast-?" Macaque crawled towards Wukong and touched his cold face, whimpering. He let out another sob before dropping himself over his love, heartbroken.

---

Wukong was laid on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. The TV was on, streaming his favorite shows. Macaque numbly sat next to him, not caring about the others in the kitchen. He didn't care about anything, not since Wukong turned to stone yesterday. 

He glanced down at Wukong and gimaced, at least he wasn't in pain. Macaque felt his hand twitch, and a little voice whispered, "If you don't say something something bad bad bad will happen. Bad bad bad..."

"Poppy seeds." Macaque muttered, it was a nonsense phrase that rolled off his tounge easily. He glanced down at Wukong, "Don't you dare laugh."

The shadow monkey's voice was raspy, he had neglected himself. "Peaches, you doing alright? Yeah? Well, your favorite episode's on."

Not a single response, and it was breaking his heart.