Chapter 22

(VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED)

"Ready, bud?" MK nodded, "Born ready." Wukong rushed across the empty stalls, kicking a barrel of goods at the weapon's stand. The Blacksmith ducked as the barrel crashed into his columns and silently unsheathed a dagger. 

Wukong squinted his eyes at it, why would he ignore the other weapons around him in favor of that one?

Mei also glared at the small weapon before charging forward, slashing the stand's counter at the same time MK knocked down the back. The Blacksmith spun away, launching himself away and against a different stand. 

Mei bashed down the remaining bits of the weapons stand and as dust flew up Wukong jumped forward, reaching a clawed hand out towards the demon, just to be met by a glowing golden blade. The monkey's eyes widened as a powerful surge sent him back, knocking him against Mei. "Do you like it? It's my best work yet."

MK ran to The Blacksmith's side and launched down his staff, "So you can talk!" The villain ducked, grabbed the staff, and flung it over him, sending MK crashing down behind him. Monkey King rushed over, yanking his kid away. The demon sighed, "Oh, such a sweet relationship. Almost makes me want to leave you alone."

Mei dropped down from above, her dragon sword nearly landing a blow on the demon's head except he used his blade to shield himself. As the blades fought for the upper hand, The Blacksmith's hood fell off, revealing him.

Among his four horns, light blue hair flowed down, giving him a slight look of innocence. He had three angry yellow eyes and a sharp smile with scars scattered around.

The Blacksmith cackled loudly, "Do you know what I can do, child?" Mei's eyes widened as her weapon was suddenly knocked to the side and gravity sent her plummeting down towards him.

He held her close, holding the blade against her cheek, "Do you  want to know what this does?" MK and Wukong stood defensively in front of the demon and Mei, eyeing the blade. The Blacksmith brought it closer to her face, "I know about the Samadhi fire you hold. I know that if it spins out of control the world will burn, and frankly, I don't care."

Monkey King bared his teeth and as the demon continued, "This blade loosens your ability to control power. Tell me, child, what will happen if you lose control?" Mei's eyes widened, "No..." The demon pointed the blade at MK and continued, "He'll burn. Others will burn. Everything will burn. Tell me little dragon, do you want to burn?"

A sudden promise rang through Wukong's head;

"But I will do my best to keep the kids safe, okay?"

Wukong inhaled sharply before speaking out to the demon before he could change his mind, "Tell you what. Do what you want with me, and let the kids go. I won't fight back, I won't do anything against you, you just have to promise to never harm anyone again." MK and Mei immediately opened their mouths to protest until The Blacksmith pointed the blade against Mei's skin.

Wukong held in a breath as The Blacksmith spoke carefully, "...You're telling me you'd be willing to become my living trophy and maybe even something worse if I leave everyone alone?"

Wukong hastily nodded, "It's a one-time deal, so what do you say?" 

The Blacksmith threw Mei forward and reached his hand out to Wukong, "Deal." MK grabbed Monkey King's arm and Mei grabbed his leg from where she sat on the ground, "Don't!" The monkey only smiled softly, tugging their hands off, "I'm sorry."

Guilt stabbed him as he realized he was leaving them again

At least this time it's to keep his promise.

He stepped forward, and the demon grabbed his hand, yanking him towards him. Just as the blinding blue sparks teleported them away, Wukong heard Mei and MK scream out for him.

---

"MACAQUE!" Mei and Mk barreled towards him, grabbing onto him like a lifeline. "Guys? What happened?" Macaque tried to stop their flow of tears and noticed someone was missing.

"Guys, where's Monkey King?" 

---

Monkey King spat out blood and looked up blankly at the demon before him. The Blacksmith bent down to look at Wukong in the eye, "My my, even in this pitiful state you look pretty. Shame it had to be this way..." The demon grabbed Wukong's hand harshly and snapped a finger.

Monkey King gritted his teeth, normally breaking his bones would be next to impossible, but the demon had a dagger that weakened a victim's powers. That meant Monkey King's invincibility, too. Wukong screwed his eyes shut and yowled as another finger was snapped.

Glowing yellow eyes stared intently at him, full of interest. "It was noble what you did. I respect that, and you're taking the pain like a true fighter. Though I wonder, "The Blacksmith let go of the limp hand and instead grabbed the pained monkey by the arm, "Just how much can your body take?"

As waves of pain and agony beat down on Wukong, he couldn't help but smile softly to himself. It didn't matter what the demon did to him, he was just glad the others were safe. The Blacksmith hummed curiously, "And what are you smiling at? We aren't even close to done."

The Blacksmith took Monkey King's face roughly with his clawed hand, "The name's Hao Feng." A smirk was the only warning Wukong received before he felt claws tear into his arm and face and he screeched. Feng watched him squirm and tightened his hold, tearing Wukong's sleeve and skin. Blood dripped from the new injuries and Feng pulled away.

He then lurched a hand forward, tearing into Wukng's chest. The shirt tore easily along with the body wearing it. Wukong continued to scream in anguish as blood gushed from the gashes on his chest. A strong punch sent him reeling into the ground, and pain bloomed from his ribs and the arm he landed on. Feng crouched down and examined his work, smiling.

"Sorry, dear. You are much too pretty to ruin like this." Wukong glared up at his attacker, not saying a word in response. Feng sighed, "I'll have someone give you a change of clothes and get you cleaned up, deal?" The demon didn't even wait for a response and simply left Wukong to lay in his own blood.

Wukong, now alone in the dark, simply reached into his pocket slowly and took out a slip of paper. He glanced down at the bloody paper and smiled softly. The picture was a selfie Mei had taken, everyone else was in the background doing their usual chaos. Wukong carefully studied each person except for himself and put away the precious paper.

It didn't matter what happened to him as long as they were safe...