Chapter 23

(VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED, and if you want happy it ain't in this chapter, buckos)

Wukong peered up at the servant before him. The demon had only wiped him down and handed the clothes over before leaving with a simple warning, "Change quickly. He doesn't like waiting." Wukong forced himself up and pushed through the pain as he changed quietly. He made sure to hide the picture in his pant waist.

He was wearing light grey pants with maroon fabric wrapped around his right side, leaving his tail to peek out from under it. A loose-fitted light beige-colored sweater completed the casual outfit. Wukong contemplated putting on his boots before saying 'screw it' and sat down on the ground slowly. He winced as his injuries protested all of the movement.

The door slammed open, causing him to jolt, and the same servant stepped in. The demon helped him up and he noticed a bruise that she didn't have before. Guess he wasn't the only one unfairly treated here. 

The demon supported him as he made his way down the hall, limping and slouching over. He was promptly seated by a fireplace, the room was comfortable. It looked like an area where movie characters would spend their evenings reading books. Feng walked in, looking Wukong up and down, enjoying the way he flinched. Wukong wished he could punch him in the face, powerless or not.

But that would put his family in danger.

Feng sauntered over, "Did you know that in Europe there was a time in which people would be sent to fight in a Colosseum?" He pulled out a book from a shelf behind Wukong, "They would make people fight wild animals or each other till someone died, all for sheer entertainment." Wukong's eyes widened, "That's disgusting-" 

A hard slap sent him back against the seat he was in, and Feng glared at him, "I didn't ask you to respond." Wukong held a hand against his throbbing cheek and kept silent, even as he tasted blood again. Feng regained his composure and continued, "When you offered this unique deal, Wukong, my mind flashed to the Colosseum. You are not just my living trophy, you're my entertainment!" 

The demon grinned in a way that made him look surreal as he gripped Wukong's arm tightly. The injured monkey squirmed under the tight hold, and Feng laughed, "No one is coming to save you! How will they find you? And even if they do come, do you think I'll spare them a second time?" Wukong hung his head low, Feng was trying to crush hope he didn't have.

If anything, Wukong hoped they never come and risk their lives. Feng's clawed hand snatched up Wukong's face, reinjuring the long scratches already present on his face, "You take physical pain well. Do you take mental pain well, too?" Strong hands clawed into him before pulling him towards the fire and only then did Wukong struggle as hard as he could. 

"No no no no no no no-" Smoke blinded him, attacking his lungs as he hyperventilated. The hands let go, and he fell in, pain and heat exploded from his face, hair, and arms. He screamed loudly and scrambled away, yowling from the pain his new injuries caused. Despite the searing pain, he patted down his hair and arms with his burned hands, trying his best to put out any flames while blindly writhing away from the fireplace. 

Wukong blinked his teary eyes, still partially blinded by the smoke and fire. Feng's laughter was all he could hear as someone dragged him by the back of his sweater like a rag doll, causing him to hiss. A boot landed on his tail harshly, breaking it, and Wukong screamed out. He finally snapped his eyes open and panted as tears ran down the new blisters and scratches littering his face. 

Feng bent down, "I know a lot about you, simian. I know about the furnace... and more." Feng snapped his fingers and two servants moved forward, carrying a block of wood. Feng forced Wukong to lay on the ground, pinning him down with his back exposed. Wukong yelled out in pure panic as the block landed on his back, making breathing a difficult task. Feng sat on top of the block, clearly enjoying the screams of pain. 

"Having fun down there?" He called down mockingly, and all Wukong could do was scream as tears rolled down his face and black spots danced across his vision. He had no clue how much longer his body could take on this abuse. 

Wukong could feel blood spew out as his injuries reopened, staining his clothes and the ground below him. The block on top of him shifted off as Feng angrily stood over him, "Are you seriously bleeding on my floor?" A harsh kick sent him rolling, and he gasped for air. His ears rang as his attacker clawed into his burned arms and threw him around, not caring when Wukong crashed into his surroundings.

Wukong's vision faded and he closed his eyes, and breathing became a chore again as blood dribbled from his mouth and nose. The demon grabbed his ankles harshly and dragged him back, and he realized his head was bleeding, too. Even as he continued to crash and tumble he held still.

Because it meant they would be spared all of this.

---

"I found a very possible location by tracking down the same weapons The Blacksmith had at his stand. What now?"

"We take him back and kill that fucker."