Chapter 16

TW: Viewer discretion advised

Monkey King was reckless and he knew it.

Especially as he fought with the demon handling glowing teal orbs. "Let me guess, they're from 'The Blacksmith'. What do they do? Rave?"

The demon huffed, "No, this!" She slammed down the orb, and smoke erupted from it. He growled and covered his eyes, he hated smoke in his eyes.

Monkey King continued rubbing at his eyes, and he suddenly stilled. Sobs and voices floated past his ears. It felt eerily similar to being possessed...

He froze, hoping he wasn't, hadn't been-

The sobs grew louder. Monkey King ran towards the noise, a familiar figure was crouched over with his hands on his face.

Wukong dropped down next to him, "Macaque!" Blood seeped past his fingers and pooled below him.

"Macaque what-" Macaque faced Wukong, and he yelled out in shock. Macaque's left eye was a bloody mess, tears were streaming from his scarred eye.

A gaping hole went through his chest, and he was covered with other injuries and blood.

Blood was seeping from his nose and mouth as he choked out another sob, "You said- You said you loved me!"

Wukong reeled away, and his hand brushed against a lifeless body, MK. Wukong started breathing heavily, "Nonononono-" Macaque yelled out in agony, "YOU KILLED THEM! YOU KILLED THEM!"

MK was a bloody mess, it was obvious he was beaten to death. The staff laid in his limp hand, bloody. Mei was nearby, impaled by stone and Red Son was against a wall. His eyes were empty, and there was a hole in his chest.

Pigsy and Tang were beside each other, their faces covered in blood and their bodies looked broken. A pile of bloody ruble nearby had a blue hand poking out from beneath.

His friends were--

Wukong screwed his eyes shut and rocked back and forth, "Nonononono..." His hands clawed at his arms and face, desperate to make it all go away.

The sobs grew louder and louder, panic seized him in full force. He found it hard to breathe, he couldn't breathe. Wukong kept rocking back and forth, ignoring the stinging pain of his claws tearing at his skin.

Hands grabbed his, trying to pull them away, "Wukong!" Macaque. Wukong screamed out, "I DIDN'T MEAN TO, I DIDN'T MEAN TO!"

"WU -- G, USE YOUR-- EYES-- KONG--"  He opened his eyes and was face-to-face with Macaque's damaged one. Wukong whimpered and continued clawing at himself, "Wukong use your eyes! This isn't real!"

Wukong desperately used his gold vision and saw...

Macaque. His Macaque, alive and well.

He looked around and spotted MK and Mei fighting the demon. The others were around him, and he realized they were all trying to pry off his hands and arms.

Wukong breathed out and hiccuped, "You're alive..." He launched himself at his lover and sobbed out loud. Macaque's chest ached, Wukong was a child at heart.

His sobs, his desperate need to touch, were very real. "What did she do to you..."

---

Wukong continued staring off into space, wrapped tightly in a blanket burrito-style except for his arms. Sandy brought out tea, "He must've seen terrible things, don't push him." MK tried to hand his teacher a peach slice, but all Monkey King did was stare at it.

Macaque kept an arm tightly held around his boyfriend and sighed, "It was bad, really bad." Wukong suddenly sniffled, "...you were dead. Macaque was...he..."

Pigsy gently placed a hand on his shoulder, "You don't have to tell us." Wukong shook his head, "No, no! She made me think I was...possessed and...and that I hurt you all. I-It felt so real and I-"

He rubbed at the band-aids on his face and arms, clearly distressed. Macaque pulled his hands away and frowned, "I really need you to stop that. Hurting yourself isn't good."

Wukong mutely nodded and leaned on Macaque. MK smiled softly, "Monkey King, that won't happen. Trust me, you are a hero. Even possessed you never hurt us severely!"

"I threw you off a cliff." MK shrugged, "Not that bad, see! You're still a hero." Wukong smiled gently, "You're a good kid, you know that?" MK chuckled, "Aw, thanks! You're not so bad, either!"

Macaque snorted, "You're both great. Now go to sleep, love." Wukong yawned and shut his eyes while everyone froze and gawked at them, "What?"

"You two are dating?!" Macaque groaned, "Oh my word- Did the idiot not tell you?"