Chapter 2

Tang entertained the monkeys while Pigsy took the others to the side and told them about the last time they woke up Monkey King from meditation, "And then Tang dropped a boulder on him and he was fine after." MK stared at him, mouth wide open, "And you never told us this WHY?" Mei brightened, "Soooo, we just have to drop a boulder on them!" Sandy peeked over at the chaotic duo and pondered, "What do we do for now? We should tell them they have amnesia at least." 

And so they did, they took the time to explain what happened and answer as many questions as they could. "So why is my right eye messed up?" MK shrugged, "Well, you never told us." Macaque fired more questions about whatever he'd forgotten, listening to their stories. Wukong, however, was oddly quiet.

"So... my friends... they're gone..?" Nobody spoke for a while and the silence was answer enough. Wukong slumped over, tears started to gather and a faint glow illuminated from his eyes, "They're... GONE! Master, Baigujing, Sha Wujing, GONE!" Wukong suddenly levitated, eyes glowing brightly and tears were streaming freely down his face.

Macaque yelped as everyone scrambled to get out of the way as a power surge caused a crater to form below the grief-stricken monkey, "WUKONG! WUKONG STOP!" MK shuddered, this reminded him too much about when Mei was engulfed in the Samadhi fire. Mei gasped loudly, too, and stared at Wukong's glowing form. Macaque desperately reached out, grasping at Wukong and failing to bring him back down.

"Wukong, they say we're their friends! You won't be alone, you have me and MK, and Mei, and Tang, and Pigsy, and Sandy! Please, just come back down!" Wukong screamed in pure frustration and pain, doubling over as golden waves threw everyone down, "NO! New friends or not, they're GONE! AND I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER MY LAST YEARS WITH THEM!" He let out a chocked sob and curled into himself, and the mountain rumbled.

"Peaches, please, come down. Cry with me, not up there!" Macaque ran forward, holding his arms up. Wukong peaked over at the sound of his nickname and sniffed, "You won't go, right, Mango?" Everyone else stared in shock, the Monkey King and Macaque they knew fought whenever they could and were still awkward with each other up until now. What had happened between them?

Wukong let himself fall slowly, and Macaque wrapped his arms around him and sat. Wukong sobbed loudly, clutching his friend like a child. Tang furrowed his brows, well, he kinda was a child during this time setting...

Sandy slowly put a hand on the golden monkey's arm and smiled softly, "Come on, I'll get you some peach tea. How does that sound?" Macaque picked up the mourning monkey and nodded, "Yeah, he'll like that. Thanks, Sandy."