(3)

Avya has been in the bathroom for thirty minutes. I forgot she was at my house before getting a like on my post.

I had a bad feeling. Avya had bulimia in high school.  She was hospitalized because of it in Junior year. She has better eating habits and spends less time looking at her body, but I still worry.

Sometimes I get scared she's been doing it again. I take a couple deep breaths and walk over to the bathroom door.

"Avya?" I say as I knock on the door. No answer. I knock again, no answer. "Avya please answer."

I listened closely for sounds movement but I heard nothing. I turned the knob but it was locked. My heart raced more as I grabbed a small screwdriver from on top of the door frame and shoved it inside the hole of the knob.

"Avya, I'm coming in."

The door clicked and I hesitated to open it. I gulped and slowly pushed the door
open.

I froze and my eyes fell on Avya. She was on the floor, her body covered in blood and vomit.

She was on her stomach and I couldn't see her face. I was frozen like time had stopped. Before I even realized it I fell to my knees and tears were streaming down my face.

"No! Avya no!" I screamed and grabbed her in my arms. "No please!" I cried. I flipped her around to look at her face. It was swollen and purple. There was vomit and blood on her beautiful face. She was almost unrecognizable. One of the best people I've ever met dead.

I gagged trying not to vomit myself. It was so loud but so silent. The sounds of my cries being the only sound there was.

She was stiff and lifeless. I wanted to know what the hell happened to her.

I looked at my bathroom desperate for an answer. There was vomit literally everywhere. I didn't even know where she was bleeding from. My shower curtain was on the floor, my stuff on the counter was knocked off.

"No! No! No! No!" I screamed praying I would wake up from this horrible
dream. I hit myself in the head hoping it would wake me up.

The smell was horrible. My hands and body was covered in the vomit and blood but I didn't even notice. I gagged again and grabbed my phone.

"Please! Send help! Please!" I screamed into my phone after dialing 911. "My best friend! Please! Send help! She's dead!" I cried and just wanted it to be over.

The window for the bathroom was closed. No one could've broke in.

"No!" I sobbed more not knowing what do.  The person that I loved the most, the person who was always there for me, my best friend was dead.
---

I flipped the camera around to face me and stood up when I was far away enough from the window where she couldn't see me.

"Well, I guess I had nothing to worry about. Katie's fine." I smiled and walked back to my car.

---

Word Count: 520