(8)

I barely slept that night. I would wake up every-once and while sweating and scared.

I slowly gained movement back through out. I was wearing a black Godzilla T-shirt. It was freezing in the room.

The cameras didn't help. Why would they help? Why would I want to be constantly tracked and put on the internet.

Why would anyone? Except for him. And those sick freaks. To think that so many people were just watching me. It makes me feel like a caged animal.

He kept saying they love me. Is that why I'm here? He can't be that obsessed. I've had friends who wanted to be popular on social media.

I've been around the block. I've seen all of the things people do for clout. Eating Tide pods, sharing addresses, but this.

Kidnapping someone? And why did it have to be me. I listened to true crime. But lived it?

This is my fault.

I blew up at my mom. She had been horrible through this. But I should've just went home with her.

I could've messaged Avya's mom. Told her I was sorry. Told her what happened. But I decided to be stay.

I would rather be in my mom's house, than in this one. One that someone was killed in. 

I shifted in the bed so my head was laying on my arms. I was sore all over.

Would going home have even stopped this? I got into his Spree eight days ago. Was this when it all started?

I remember he told me that his Spree rides didn't normally go this well. The words echoed through my head.

"Y'know usually they don't go like this. Most of the time, something happens. Drunk people, unlikable people. Don't come back."

Did he kill people in his Spree? Did he kill... Avya?

No...

How could've her death been caused by him.

I think we were in his Spree.. the night she died. I remember she took a water from his Spree.

The same water he took me not to take. She drank it. He killed her.

He killed my best friend. Everything she wanted. Everything that was waiting for her.  Gone. Just like that.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I don't want to cry again. I quietly sucked in hoping it would go away. I squeezed my eyes shut and laid there.

All the sudden I heard the door creak open. I immidieantly let my face drop and pretended to be asleep.

Please don't know I was awake. I hear this quiet footsteps walk up to me. He stands infront of me and my blood pressure works up.

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

I hear him turn around and walk out the room. The door quietly clicks behind him. I don't open my eyes in paranoia.

I lay there for a couple minutes, still pretending to be asleep. Eventually I open my eyes and look around.

No sign of him. I start to relax. I was saved this once. It won't last long.

God my ankle hurts.

---

"She isn't awake yet. But soon. I promise." I say into my phone.

"And then we can. Soon."

---

Word Count: 535