Chapter 11

Will you hand over the Institute yet?

This vaguely threatening note was found by Izzy on her way back inside the Institute. She had been visiting Jocelyn and Luke.

She showed it to her mother, and she called a meeting in the Library.

Everyone came except Alec, who still hadn't come out of his room. "As you know, Mom, I found this by the door on my way in. What should we do?" Izzy asked.

Robert was the first to answer, saying, "The first order of business, I think, would be to get Jace back. He may help us gain some insight into their ultimate plans." He seemed particularly jubilant today, which was probably why he was helping at all.

"How do you suggest we do that?" Said Maryse, somewhat nastily. She was obviously very stressed. One of her two living sons was missing, and the other wasn't coming downstairs anytime soon.

"Does a tracking spell work if the person being tracked is dead?" Simon inquired. "I'm sorry, but we have to consider it."

Everyone looked towards Robert and Maryse. "No," said Robert.

"Yes," said Maryse at the same time.

Well shit. They didn't even know what they didn't know.

___

Jace was screwed and he knew it. He had just picked up some girl in a bar. They were in his sleazy motel room going at each other like hell was after them and this were their last day to be alive. He didn't even remember her name, for Raziel's sake.

It was a vicious cycle. Get drunk, find some girl and bang her, sleep it off, repeat.

But it was never Clary.

He talked to Magnus sometimes, he would never admit it but he did find comfort in that. Every time he was teetering on the verge of asking after Clary, but stopped at the last second. He didn't want to come off as completely clingy.

___

Okayyyyyyyy short and crappy is my new motto...

Sorry I should have another part out soon. Please check out my other story The Dark Side the parts are a lot longer...

Thank you ily also 300 reads omfg when did that happen you guys are great.

As always, vote, comment, and have a superb day.

Byee!

-Ev.