𝗻𝘂𝗲𝘃𝗲

it was cold outside. And on top of that it looked like it was about to rain. I was standing next to Setty and he had a straight face. None of us could believe what was happening right now.

As the funeral was ending my tears began to fall. I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. Even though we had only known each other for such a short time, it just felt right to cry in the moment.

I was wiping my tears away quickly so no one would see when Dougie grabbed my hand.

"yo it's gone be okay, he wouldn't want you to cry over him" Dougie said as he pulled me away from the casket.

  ......

"lil nigga wake up fuck is you crying for" setty said.

"Kay is gone bro" I said sobbing.

"shut up no he not, Dougie said he good yo bitch ass brother bullet didn't hit hard enough" setty said walking away from me laughing.

"We getting our get back too put ya shit on we going to the hospital" setty said from the kitchen.

I got up and put my shoes on waiting for Setty by the door.

Im glad Kay good just embarrassed I dreamed about him dying tf kinda shit is that.

"Hellloooo nigga is you traumatized or some shit open the door" setty said getting annoyed.

I could tell he was annoyed by me, it's just that I've never even seen somebody get shot let alone someone I care about. And to think that my brother is capable of doing something like that is beyond despicable to me.

We got out setty apartment complex and we started walking I was confused because where tf the car at.

"Where yo car at" i asked him.

"Ion got one duh" he said.

"Why u so mean" I said.

"Im not mean u just ask dumb questions" he said laughing as we turned the corner.

"St.Barnabas ain't that far anyways it's across the street from 183rd" Setty said.

"My bad I ain't from here" I said.

"Where u from then?" Setty asked raising one of his eyebrows.

"Near highbridge" I said.

I would tell him cus it's not that big of a secret, but I don't know him like that.

"What's ya projects called" Setty asked.

"Damn you gotta know everything" I said as we turned another corner.

"You fuck with my mans I gotta know everything, now where you from lil girl" setty said.

"River park towers" I said rolling my eyes.

"Opp ass" setty whispered.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked confused.

"yo opp ass live on opp block you opp mothafucka" setty said laughing.

"I thought this was something y'all don't joke about" I said.

"It's only bad when somebody that's a threat say it... you just ain't that" setty said.

"you say that like I'm bitch made or something" I said stopping in my tracks.

"my son kay know u live over there?" Setty asked.

"Yeah I mean I guess he dropped me off a few times" I said shrugging my shoulders.

We walked up to the hospital building and setty went up to the receptionist and checked up in for visitation.