CHAPTER 14 - THE WARZONE

EDDIE slams a newspaper on the table, his finger tapping repeatedly on an advertisement

EDDIE slams a newspaper on the table, his finger tapping repeatedly on an advertisement. "Check this out, The Warzone. I've been there once, it's huge." Astoria wanted to ask why he went there, but was trying to focus on the plan he was laying out.

"They got everything you need for, well, uh... killing things basically." Robin tilts her head while inspecting the newspaper, "Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?"

She points at the paper. "I mean, is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" Eddie just smiles and says, "Well, lucky for us, it is, so." Robin massages her forehead in thought as Eddie continues talking.

"This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh... angry hicks," He finishes. Astoria examines the advertisement and tilts her head with an amused smirk at the man in the picture.

He had a long mullet, was shirtless, and had a ridiculously large necklace on while holding a gun. Erica says what Astoria is thinking, "If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called 'The Warzone'"

Dustin makes a 'that's fair' face at Erica's words whilst everyone reconsiders their shopping spree. "Normally, I'd agree but we need the weapons, so, I think it's worth the risk," Nancy states.

"Me too," Lucas adds. Although bias considering he was dating Max (or wasn't, but Astoria knew there was something between them) Astoria agreed that they had to do this. They had to try.

"But is it worth the time?" Dustin argues, "It'll take all day to bike there and back."

Eddie's head turns to Dustin. "Who said anything about bikes?" Steve furrows his brows and asks, "What, you got some secret car we don't know about?" 

Eddie moves away from the table so he's fully standing up and talks to Steve face-to-face, "It's not exactly a car, Steve." He smiles and adds, "And it's not exactly mine but, it'll do."

He turns back to Max, who is standing far away from the table, her arms crossed against her chest protectively. "Hey, Red, you got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that?" 

The redhead thinks for a bit, her eyes shifting back to Eddie and her brows going upwards a bit when she thinks of something suitable.

-

Eddie, in a Michael Myers mask, peaks over the caravans outside walls, scanning for any signs of danger or angry hicks. He turns back to the group, who are gathered behind him in an messy single file line.

He signals with his hand for the group to move forward and they do, jogging behind him like a marathon group. They weave around trailers, eventually greeting one of the sides of the motorhome they were planning on stealing. 

Eddie presses on a few windows before finally finding an unlocked one and sliding it open. The masked teenager hoists himself through the window and tumbles himself on the couch, ripping his mask off and expressing, "That was suffocating."