CHAPTER 15 - THE FIELD

"HOW'S she feeling?" Dustin asks, before Eddie swings his 'garbage-can lid weapons with random nails through it' shield around

"HOW'S she feeling?" Dustin asks, before Eddie swings his 'garbage-can lid weapons with random nails through it' shield around. He flicks it downward and says, "Light, but durable." Eddie then pokes it up as though he's stabbing something in the sky. "Deadly! But reliable."

Dustin chuckles at this and Astoria smiles, playing with the grass beneath her with one hand while the other is shielding her eyes from the sun. 

Eddie places a foot on a black basket, pointing at Dustin, he announces a dramatic, "Here me now. There will be no more retreating... from Eddie the banished."

He looks over to Astoria, who is just giving him a confused stare. In her lifetime, she had witnessed many Eddie speeches, and this one was by far the biggest lie she'd ever heard. 

Eddie was brave... when it came to playing D&D with 14 year olds.

But she didn't want to rule out the possibility that maybe this time he was going to fight hard. Who wouldn't? 

Dustin stands up and Astoria follows, brushing off her cheer outfit. Eddie turns toward Astoria and they start to walk away, when Dustin adds a quick joke, "Hey you're really ready for bat-tle."

The girl lets out a small laugh and Eddie gives her a disappointed look. He turns back to Dustin, a blank expression on his face. The younger boy chortles, when Eddie doesn't react, he says, "You get it?"

Eddie raises his brows a little bit. "Bat-tle, B-A-T," Dustin explains. "No? I thought I had a good one," He groans. The older boy lowers his shield-weapon to the ground, tackling Astoria.

"I'm gonna kill you!" She scream-laughs. But instead, Eddie throws her on the ground, her body knocking over Dustin on the way down. 

After awhile of Dustin and Astoria groaning in pain, they get up, plotting their revenge with a nod of their heads. They tackle Eddie down, pushing him into the dry grass. "Fuck!" He shouts, face-planting.

A few seconds go by and he doesn't get up. "Eddie?" Dustin calls out, dragging out the 'e'. Astoria tilts her head and sits down next to his body, narrowing her eyes. 

Slowly, she turns his body over. Eddie jump-scares her, shouting an extraordinarily loud, "BOO!" She jumps back like a cat that just had water poured on it, hitting his arm. Dustin laughs for a bit, before walking away, tossing a quick, "I'm going to help Lucas."

The two sit next to each other in the grass in silence. Astoria's looking towards the trees, whilst Eddie's looking at her. She turns her head when she notices the stare from the corner of her eye.

"What?" She inquires, a small smirk on her face. Eddie purses his lips before saying, "You were about to say something, back at The Warzone." The girl tilts her head downwards a bit. "Eddie, that was ages ago. You're still thinking about that?"

He chuckles throwing up his hands in surrender, "Well, forgive me if I misunderstood, but it seemed important."  

Astoria gulps, and her dry throat seems as though it's closing up. "It was," She mutters. "But, there are more important things. Like the fact that we have to save the world." 

He holds out his pinky. "Promise you'll tell me later?" Brushing his hand away, she replies, "I don't do promises, but I might." 

"Right, forgot about that," Eddie says quietly. 

Confusion fills her head, she had never told him about that, she didn't have a clue how he found out. Only recently had she told people about that. And with that train of thought, she asks him, "I haven't told you about that before, how could you forget it?

"I feel caught," He states, not going into further detail. Too drained to interrogate him any further, she lies back into the grass, Eddie soon following her actions.

They just lie there for a few minutes before a shadow blocks the sun. The two both have confused expressions on their faces as they sit up. "On guard!" Dustin challenges in a forced British accent.

Astoria gives Eddie a look before shrugging, jumping up. She grabs a shield, edging towards Dustin menacingly. The younger boy bashes their shields together.

Metal clanking fills the air as the two start to battle. "Get him, Tori!" Eddie shouts from the side-lines as Astoria starts to win, dodging the pushes Dustin sends her way.

"Ha!" She says, tossing Dustin softly onto the ground. The girl starts to walk away before she feels a metal push on her back. The push trips her up and she goes tumbling towards the ground.

When she finally lands, Eddie laughs wildly. Astoria glares in his direction and the laughing stops. "How dare you hurt a maiden, young sir!" Eddie says quickly, mocking the accent Dustin used earlier while urging for Astoria to give him her shield.

Astoria grins at his terrible acting before handing it over, watching as he disarms Dustin easily. "Thy has slayed the dragon," she says dreamily, putting a hand to forehead and pretending to faint.

Dustin chuckles then returns to Lucas' side while Eddie helps Astoria up from the ground. "We're going now!" Steve screeches, gaining the attention of the group. 

They all start to walk towards the motorhome before Eddie stops the girl with a hand across her chest. "No, but, really, tell me later." She nods in response.

-

[A/N]

SORRY FOR THE FILLER AND SHORT CHAPTER but i needed those precious bonding moments 

anyway i sacrificed study time(i lit rally have the test tmrw) for writing this so be grateful uglies (jk love u)

REMEMBER TO VOTE, FOLLOW, SHARE W FRIENDS, ADD TO READING LISTS, BE ACTIVE IN COMMENTS.

-eustelia

words: 972

------