CHAPTER 12 - DEJA VU

Aggressive peddling and panting could be heard as the group in the Upside Down inched closer and closer to the trailer park

Aggressive peddling and panting could be heard as the group in the Upside Down inched closer and closer to the trailer park. When Astoria saw the trailer, she felt as though her throat was starting to close up.

She hadn't been there since Chrissy died, and if Dustin's theory was right, they were going to have to climb back into reality in the exact spot where she died. Where the exact spot Astoria's whole world crumbled.

Eddie had made it better to swallow the death, she supposed. She honestly didn't really expect to warm up to him as much as she did so fast. It was probably easier considering the amount of times they were forced to be friends as a "solution" to their disagreements in middle school.

The two both knew each other well.

They got along for 2 days in Middle-School, Astoria never forgot that. 

It was the best 2 days of her life, but then her Mom died straight after that so Astoria went back to hating him. He could give her everything in the world and she would still never forgive him for ruining her song.

She remembers faintly singing it while crouching down by her mom at the open-casket. She remembers the sobs and the heart pangs she would get every time she called out to her mom for help and realised she wasn't there.

So, again, she would never forgive him for ruining her song.

The bikes skidded to a halt on Eddie's lawn and the bicycles were dropped. They start to walk towards the door swiftly. "That's gotta be a Guiness World Record. Most miles travelled interdimensionally."

"Just inhaled a bunch of that crap," Steve gags (or coughs? Astoria can't really tell). "It's stuck in my throat."

Eddie walks in first, and Astoria follows, gripping his arm tightly when they enter inside and see the glowing red portal. The group edge close to it carefully. "Goddamn," Steve says.

"This is where Chrissy died," Eddie says grimly. "Like, right where she died." Robin narrows her eyes. "I think there's something in there." The red sludge gooshes softly as something (or someone) tries to poke through it.

Astoria's eyes widen as she takes a step back. "Get ready to run." The thing retreats back for a moment. They all wait for something to happen.

As soon as it gets quiet, the hole bursts open, they all jump backwards and yelp. Robin makes a disgusted face as a stick waves around through the hole. 

Steve and Nancy look at each other for a moment. They're both trying to decipher what or who tore the gate open. Drops of goo drip onto Eddie's carpet. Steve is the first one to slowly walk near it, looking upwards to reveal Dustin, Erica, and Lucas.

"No way."

Dustin laughs, waving. "Hi there!" They all say a quick, "Hi", back in unison. They all smile and laugh nervously, glad that they've finally found a way to escape.

"Holy shit... this is trippy," Robin says in disbelief. Dustin cackles loudly, "Bada-bada-boom!"

-

The group in the non-Upside Down finish tying white sheets together, placing down a mattress with suspicious stains on it. Astoria looks at Eddie with her brows raised and Robin looks him up and down questioningly. 

"Those stains are, uh.." He looks at Astoria. "I dunno what those stains are." Robin makes a disgusted sound as Astoria grins. Dustin prepares to throw the sheets down... or... up? "Not quite sure how these psychics are going to work. But, uh."

He tosses the sheets upwards, "Here goes nothing." It lands in the Upside Down, and the group look upwards at Dustin as he tests his theory and lets go of it. 

"Abracadabra." 

"Holy shit," Max says, staring at the sheet. "Alright, pull on it, see if it holds!" Robin tugs on it slowly and grunts. She prepares to climb it, "Guess I'm the guinea pig."

The group in the normal dimension back off the mattress as Robin falls down onto it. Dustin pulls her up. "That was fun."

Eddie looks at Astoria, urging her to go. She nods and starts to climb up. When she reaches the barrier between the dimensions she falls down, screaming. Her scream soon turns into a laugh when she lands on the landing pad.

She stands up and brushes herself off gently.

"Alright, I guess I'll go," Eddie says next. He starts climbing up, reaching the barrier just like Astoria did, although he falls down a little more violently than her. He sits up, "That was fun."

Astoria offers him a hand, "Shit!" She hoists him up and smiles. The group in the normal world watch as Nancy and Steve exchange a few words.

"See you on the other side."

"On the other side."

The young adult girl starts climbing, but when she gets to the changing point between the two dimensions, she drops back into the Upside Down. "Nancy, wake up! Wake up, Nancy!"

"Vecna," Max says as they all look at Nancy. Steve shakes her by her shoulder. Her eyes seems as though as they are rolled back, like she's possessed by the devil. Astoria gulps when she gets deja vu.

"Nancy!"

-

[A/N]

THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT BUT I LITERALLY CANNOT WRITE MORE BECAUSE PART 2 ISN'T OUT YET IM SCREAMING

so glad i managed 2 finish before wednesday though, lmk what you thought of this chapter or if you have any ideas for this book! i have a few plot twists in mind (although i dont know how im gonna make them fit until july)

ALSO PLEASE CHECK BACK A FEW DAYS AFTER PART TWO COMES OUT BECAUSE THE CHAPTER WILL MOST LIKELY BE UP

REMEMBER TO VOTE, FOLLOW (I RECOMMEND DOING THIS SO U KNOW WHEN IM STARTING TO WRITE FOR PART 2), ADD TO UR LIBRARY SO U KNOW WHEN I UPDATE AND PLS SHARE WITH FRIENDS ON TIKTOK AND SOCIALS STUFF LIKE THAT ILY ALLLLLLL

-eustelia

im gonna miss u guys, see u in july<3 IN THE MEANTIME PLEASE CHECK OUT MY STEVE FANFICTION THAT IVE JUST STARTED WRITING IT'S ON MY PROFILE AND IT'S CALLED 'YEARBOOK' I WOULD RLLY APPRECIATE THAT

i will update like the organising the book often though & the gallery

WORDS: 1004

-------------

-------------