The First Step

Hay my sad gays! Just some fluff in this chapter! Y'all need a break from my previous chapters. Enjoy!💕

Credit: Made by Maskdoodiez

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boyfriends POV:

When I get to the kitchen I see Pico in that same stupid apron. I chuckle as I shake my head. "You're making waffles!!!" Pico gave me a cute, wide smile, it made my heart skip a beat. But I know why now, and that gave me a warm feeling. "I wanted to make something new and I know how much you like waffles." I took in a big whiff of the intoxicating smell, that mixed with the warm feeling of the sun made me feel truly at ease. "You're so sweet! I want to make you breakfast now." He just giggled, how did I not realize my feelings sooner? 

"It's fine. I like seeing your excited face in the morning." My face heated up, he is just the sweetest. "But I want to do something nice for all the good things that you've done for me!" He slowly shook his head with an adorable smirk on his face. "You don't have to give me anything, just you being here is enough. But if you insist then I can't stop you." Is that an invitation? Challenge accepted! "The food is right about to be done cooking, you should take a seat." I then did as he said. There was a yellow vase in the middle of the dark wood dining table. The flower in the vase was a pretty sunflower. 

He then put 2 waffles on my plate, along with a thick hash brown. a few seconds later he poured me a glace of iced tea. "Thank you!! You're awesome!! Do you know where the maple syrup is?" He went into the fridge and he gave me the maple syrup. "I'm sorry I forgot that." It's funny how he sometimes apologizes when he shouldn't. "No need to apologize! What do you want to do today?" I then drowned my waffles in maple syrup. "Oh, that reminds me. There's a carnival a few towns west, do you want to go?"

My eyes started to glow with excitement after hearing Pico's question. "YES, I WOULD LOVE TO GO!!!!" He giggled at my excitement. "It starts at 10:00 AM, it's 9:00 Am. When should we go?" I gave him this dumb-founded look. "Are you fuckin' stupid? We should go at 10:00!!! More fun and the lines will be shorter!" He was suddenly caught off guard. "I know I just wanted to know when you wanted to go." I laughed. "No need to get all defensive, I was just kidding." His arms were still crossed as he looked the other way. I started to shove food in my face, I was starving. "This food is really good!!!! How did you get such good food cooking skills?"

He stopped crossing his arms and he looked at me. "I have a lot of experience with cooking, I loved cooking when I was younger and I tried to make it my career. But my passion for cooking dulled out as I got older. I still enjoy cooking but to a lot lesser of a degree." I swallowed my food before I responded. "I feel like that happens a lot when you are older, you just become more mellowed out about your passions." He nodded as I shoved more food into my mouth. Pico sat down and he ate breakfast next to me. We sat in silence for a few minutes until I finished my food. 

"Thanks for the food!! It was very good! I'm going to get ready for our fun day at the carnival!!!" I gave Pico a bright smile as I went to change in his bedroom. I didn't know what to wear so I just went through my closet. Shorts would be good to wear considering the temperature. I put on some blue jean shorts, along with a cute blue t-shirt that has a cute rubber ducky iron patch on the front. Then I decided to put on my white combat boots with some yellow knee-high socks. I then added a red heart choker and my red cap to match. I called out to Pico, asking if he was done getting ready as I put on some light eyeliner.

"Ya, I'm done." I grab my orange mini backpack as I throw my essentials in it. I walk out to the door, waiting for him to come out. When he came out I saw what he decided to wear. He had a grey long sleeve band shirt on with black cargo shorts, black sneakers, and a blue mini backpack. "Are you kidding me? You're really going dressed like a bum?!?!" He sighed a long sigh. "This is a carnival, not a fashion show!" I rolled my eyes. "Go fix yourself." He rolled his eyes as he went back to the bathroom. He came out a few minutes later with some new additions to his outfit.