1. A Long Walk

Charlie huffed while pocketing her hands, walking down the street with narrowed eyes to protect against the piercing gaze of the sun. 'Sunglasses' she thought 'Next time I get enough I'll get sunglasses' she pulled out a little journal, and with a long list of must-haves she added 'Sunglasses'. She pocketed the small book, shifting the backpack containing her life onto the ground under some trees in the park. Unzipping it, she rustled around until she found another water bottle and stood up, glancing around the park as she opened it. She smiled softly at the families that played on the field, some eating, some flying kites, there were some yoga classes, just people living.

Despite her situation, she tried not to let seeing others in better places get her down too much. She was going on homelessness for about two years now, she made enough from donations, odd jobs and things to get by but for the most part she did this. Just tried to keep her head above water enough until she finds a shelter that accepts mutants. She scoffed somewhat 'Probably another two years atleast' she thought while drinking sourly.

"Mama, its dying, can we water it?"

She looked over to see a little girl crouched by a dying cluster of Heliotropes (AKA The Cherry Pie Plant) the mother tilted her head and nodded "Sure sweetie, here" she said, beginning to dig through her purse. She eventually finds a sippy cup and unscrews the top, she hands the child the cup gently. She takes it as such and turns, dumping the cup over as Charlie smiled, the girl tilted her head "Did it work?" she asked. Charlie smirked and glanced around as she crossed her arms, seeing no one, she gently waved her fingers, the tips emitting a dark green ethereal glow that was hidden by the blinding sun. The flowers slowly sprung back to life before her eyes, the little girl gasped and pointed, her feet excitedly stomping "Look I fixed it!" she exclaimed as the mother stood surprised.

Charlie chuckled softly, stopping the magic before she picked up her bag, beginning to move, whether she was safe or not, you never know who saw. She slung the bag over her shoulder 'Okay I gotta go to Robie's, he said he'd feed me if I just make the food myself.' she thought, beginning to turn down the road. She raised the bottle to take another drink when she missed a step "Shit" she murmured, tensing her body to catch herself on the ground, when she fell into the water instead, a deep body of water. She swims right side up, gasping for air as she breached for a moment, only to be pulled down by the waves and items. When she was pulled down the second time she shrugged, loosing the bag, she gasped when she floated naturally to the top. She shook her head, her hair clung to her face as she coughed "What the actual fuck?!" she cursed, looking up. She widened her eyes as she saw what looked like the underside of a rainbow bridge, it appeared to move. She blinked and glanced around in a few seconds taking in her surroundings, she found; A golden bridge, a golden city, and an endless waterfall.

She screamed and tried to swim away as she moved with the water "SHIT SHIT SHIT!" she screamed, clawing desperately at anything to stop. Her hands slipped from the rocked as the current pushed her away, she turned and screamed as the waterfall grew closer and closer. Just as she appeared to go over, someone grabbed her wrist, she turned and looked up to see a statuesque man with golden eyes and gold armor. He grunts softly as he pulled her out, he stood on the ledge of a golden orb-looking thing "Are you alright?" he asked. Charlie nodded and smiled "Thank you, thank you" she whimpered out, coughing up some water to the side. He nodded and guided her carefully up the side, she hugged her stomach, now trembling with the intense wind coming from the nothingness. She stepped up onto the bridge and looked around "W-Wh-What the hell... Where a-am I?" she asked while looking around, eyes bugged wide in fear. The man stood upright on the bridge, he gestured to the building "Asgard" his voice sends shivers down her spine, it was ethereal and deep.

She looked at the palace "Do you remember how you came here, little one?" he asked, she shook her head, still shivering "N-No I was... I was in a park... Am I dead?" she asked. He chuckled softly, taking a quick glance at her clothes "Are you from Midgard?" he asked. She tilted her head "Midgard?" she asked, he clears his throat "Apologies, Earth." he corrects, and she nodded, folding her arms further into herself. She shakes her head, her eyes never leaving this man "Is-Is this, not Earth?" she asked, voice shivering with her. He shook his head, standing his staff upright on the bridge, he removed his cape and wrapped it around her "There you are" he said, gesturing over "Come on, let's get you to the palace." he said. She looked up as he marched her over to a horse "P-Palace? That big building?" she asked, pointing "Woah, hey, theres no need, I just need a towel" she said. He shook his head "More than that from what I see, besides, the King will want to know who you are." he said. She winced a little and nodded, realizing this may not seem the most innocent scenario.