12. One Year Later

(Sorry about the hold up guys, my state was recently hit by a hurricane and I lost power so I wasn't able to update this or Demon In A Bottle, because the app does this weird thing. Anyways here you go!)

A year.

Its been a long, cold, empty, hectic year.

Loki had tried constantly to get in touch with Nidavellir to see if they changed their story, but they stuck to their guns, and after a while, they demanded he cease contact under threat of the treat. Loki knew that meant they found her and had her there, what else would they try to cover it up? Since then random attacks have been happening, the realms were under attack randomly from their own monsters, animals alike. Wolves were defending the deer we hunted, cows refused to milk, and horses refused to ride, it was utter chaos everywhere for a year. Loki noticed the similarities that branded him mad, he didn't care.

Thor knocked softly on Loki's door before entering, Loki's room was utterly tossed, there were books everywhere, plates of food that were barely touched, and a bed that hadn't had a warm body in days. He took a deep breath then approached Loki, passed out at his desk, Thor glanced over the books, he was reading up on Nidavellair again. Thor sighed and touched his back, Loki stirred a moment before sitting up "What?" he asked, voice gravelly and horse. Thor rolled his lips "Vanaheim is under attack and the warriors and Sif are already fighting on Svalterheim... I need your help." he said. Loki sat a moment before sighing and standing, his clothes changed to his armor "The faster that gets done the sooner I can get back" he said. 

Thor eyed his brother's wobbly stance, ignoring the three or four empty tankards or the rose crown that sat in the middle. Thor walked beside Loki through the palace "I thank you for helping me brother" he said, Loki sighed "You're welcome your royal highness" he said sarcastically. Thor sighed as they walked "It's good to hear you being sarcastic" he joked, glancing over just to see Loki glaring forward. Thor slowly turned back with a sigh "I miss her too brother" he said, Loki sighed "Don't start," he threatened, and Thor grabbed his shoulder. 

 "Don't start what, Loki? Mourning my friend and everything she did for my people? The lives she saved?" he asked. Loki looked anywhere but him "I know you're heartbroken, and I still believe you when you say she was good, but Loki... Nidavellair wouldn't keep her for no reason-" Loki grabbed Thor, pushing him against the wall "Choose your next words, carefully, King" he hissed out. Thor stared down, meeting his eyes a moment before Loki pushed him away, continuing to walk terribly to the Bifrost with an irritated Thor behind him.

Stumbling the whole way, Loki followed Thor to the Bifrost, Heimdall nodded "Good to see you again Prince Loki" he said, Loki only grunted, waiting as the room became lit with the power. The princes were shot over "There may be another army meeting us" Thor warned, Loki ignored him, just existing until he didn't need to anymore. Once they landed, they were greeted with mad livestock and civilians trying to dodge attacks, most not succeeding. Loki threw up barriers, protecting them until they could get away easily into the Bifrost, Asgard had become a safe haven for many realms these days. King Thor only fought off beasts as they tried to escape, smiling as some others began to appear "Reinforcements!" he exclaimed happily. Loki continued to focus on evacuating as the army began attacking, after only a bit longer they managed to get everyone through the Bifrost.

Loki dropped his shield with a huff, looking around at the damage, it seems the animals had scampered off for the most part. He looked around, spotting a bear running to him, he raised his daggers when vines suddenly shot out from the ground, choking the bear. As the bear fell and struggled Loki looked behind it to see his savior, he widened his eyes to see a woman in metal armor, with hallowed eyes. He recognized those pink cheeks and the M on her chest "Charlie" he whispered before rounding the animal she held captive as she drained the life out. Charlie's hands were raised and glowing but her eyes were covered, but Loki knew it was her "Charlie" he said happily, removing her glasses.