3. Passing Time

A//N: I just published a chapter of my original story Demon in a Bottle, be sure to check it out on my profile!

When Charlie woke up the next day she was definitely surprised but pleasantly, food was delivered, she had a free bed, there wasn't much to hate...

Except if Odin finds her guilty she dies.

Either way, what bliss.

She waved her foot around in the air, her thumbs twiddled together, she was just wasting time at this point, unsure what else to do. Meanwhile, the Bifrost was stripped and examined by some of the strongest mages Asgard has to offer. Loki huffed, lowering his arms with Frigga and the other sisters "Not a thing, theres not a damn thing wrong with it." he murmured, pinching the bridge of his nose. Frigga sighed and sat down as Loki looked over "Mother" he said worriedly "I'm fine, you fuss too much" she said, taking his hand. She sighed "I just don't understand, we've stripped this thing from top to bottom, theres no trace of anything," she said as Loki sat beside her "Her as well, as human as any of them." he said. She sighed and shook her head "At this point I question the interference of a different power" she murmurs, watching her hands. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees "What do you mean?" he asked, and she shrugged "..." she sat silently while staring at her foot.

Loki tilted his head "Mother" he said warningly as she shrugged "Charlie was homeless anyway, what if this her true-" he sighed "Mother, you don't even know if she's telling the truth and you want to keep her like some pet?" he said. She turned to him "You do know she's telling the truth, and I suspect you trust her" she said, he scrunched up his face looking taken aback "I haven't been around her enough Mother, its been two days." he said. She held out a hand "Call it an instinct then" she said with a shrug "I think Odin and Thor will find her innocent, and after that, we just need to search the archives for a way to get her home." she said simply. Loki scoffs and stands "If she'll even leave." he said, offering his hand, she took it with a frown "When she's out be nice? Poor thing must be so scared." she said while standing.

In the war room, Thor sat with Odin in the high council, examining everything "The visitor has exhumed no form of violence?" one elder asked. Odin chuckled "Only the appreciation of our food and mead," he said while walking "What is the harm in one puny Midgardian run around, perhaps she can take some manners back with her." another said. Odin cleared his throat "Considering she is in our prison, willingly mind you, I think she could offer more." he said. Thor leaned on the table "We've examined her mentally and the Bifrost, neither are anything other than they appear." he said. The council members looked at one another "She should be watched at all times if allowed to roam, you know how these people can have sticky fingers" one said. Thor scrunched but let it slide, these were allies, after all, the peace must be kept for Asgard's sake.

A few days later everyone came to certain terms.

"So I can go out?"

"Yes, you'll be escorted around if anything so you don't get lost, you can roam the palace with a moderate amount of freedom."

"And at night I get brought back here to sleep?"

Frigga smiled sadly before tilting her head "Why would we keep you here?" she asked, staring up at Charlie through the barrier. She shrugged "If I'm still under a microscope a prison is a good place to watch me right?" she asked, staring at Frigga as the prisoner beside her cell banged and yelled. Frigga jumped as Charlie stared at her, unaffected and numb to the yelling, the idea of her being used to a particular environment made the Queen's stomach churn. The guards approached the cell and opened the door "Or we could just station two guards outside your room" she said before gesturing for the three of them to follow her.