7. Growth

Charlie's gaze was at anything but Loki when she finally awoke for the rest of the time on the voyage, that dream did more harm than good. She crossed her legs to try and alleviate some of the pressure between her legs, Loki scratched his face to hide a snigger. Another hour or two and she was almost charging out of that carriage once it finally stopped 'Thank god!' she thought, finally pulling herself away. She huffed, glancing out over the farmland, she wasn't focused on the ride but now that she's there, she could take in everything around her. Her hands laced as she overlooked vast miles of farmland, all with dying or dead plants, she bent down to the dirt as Loki exited the carriage.

Frigga was ahead, speaking with what looked like a farmland who looked over "Is that..." he trailed as Frigga nodded "She's skittish, wait here," she said, clapping his hand. She walked over as Charlie examined the dirt "What do you see?" she asked "Soil shift," Charlie whispered. Charlie let it fall "His farm is sitting on a sandtrap thats making it sandy soil slowly over the years. What plants are these?" she asked. Frigga sighed, gesturing the plant "Root plants, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and the like" she said. Charlie narrowed her eyes "It should be fine then," she said, rolling up her sleeve, she dove her hand into the dirt up to the elbow. She scoffed "No wonder, the soil isn't retaining water well," she said before standing, Frigga nodded "Very good... Show us what you can do" she said.

Charlie blinked and looked up, shaking her head "What? I-I can't do anything, I brought a garden back from not far I-I can't-" "-How would you know? Have you tested it?" she asked. Charlie stared at her with nothing to say, she was right, she shook her head as Frigga smiled "You are truly safe here and I don't think you can do harm to a dead field." she said. Charlie shifted, crossing her arms "I agree... Okay but don't expect much," she warned, Frigga took her hand "Think of a warm feeling, do what you can," she said.

They squeezed each other's hands reassuringly before Charlie turned to the field, she took off her shoes, handing them to Frigga. Charlie smiled as her toes dug into the dirt, then held her hands out at her waist, fists clenching as the mist surrounded them. She took a deep breath in and out, trying to clear her mind as the mist surrounded them 'Warm feeling... Warm feeling...'

"That I get to see you in that dress"

Charlie feels the flush take her body over remembering Loki's silky voice, then raised her fists upward, causing thick green stalks of plants to shoot out of the ground, not even needing stilts. The farm grew in a straight line in front, continuing to flourish even the forest on the edge of the field. Charlie widened her eyes and smiled, she turned to Frigga and Loki who beamed right back "I told you!" she exclaimed, clapping as Loki nodded, smiling somewhat proudly. Charlie giggled and turned back, her hands still glowed, she raised her them slowly in another direction, when she stopped, the plants stopped healing. She giggled gently then turned in the opposite direction, she flicked her finger, growing a small plant, she laughed and covered her mouth, the smile never changing as the glow spread to her limbs. 

She felt amazing, the more she used her power she was so relaxed, like she'd been holding back for eons now! She laughed loudly, picking up her dress and began to run through the field, raising anything that her dress covered as she did. Frigga inhaled from the laughter "Careful now!" she exclaimed though Charlie only ran further, Loki rested his hand on her shoulder "Let her run. If its anything like ours she's feeling the effects of the magic block up" he said. Frigga sighed and nodded "I know but I don't want her to over do it, Plant magic is very strong but tricky," she said, gnawing nervously at her nail. 

Loki blinked at her "I meant to ask... What is the deal with plant magic?" he asked, Frigga glanced over and sighed "I'm not sure but a Midgardian with plant magic is odd... I wonder if she's from there but I haven't asked her past." she said. She inhaled, watching as Charlie skidded to a slide, making her way around to his field as the farmer and his family were basically in tears. Frigga smiled "When she smiles like that I don't want to," she said, remembering the scars she saw this morning. Loki crossed his arms remembering what she'd said about being in prison as she ran through the fields, gleefully laughing as she spun in place, covering the rest of the field.