Chapter 9

Jungkook was born ready for today. His first date with Kim Taehyung. Although he was a bit nervous, the excitement was far more than nervousness.

He asked his hyungs for date ideas, some suggested amusement parks, beaches, dinner, movies, and video games while Namjoon suggested handcuffs, silk robes, gag, and anal plug. Of course, he got a smack from Jin right after that. 

After many considerations and suggestions, Jungkook knew that he wanted his first date to be special. Something that Taehyung would like. So he decided to go on an art museum date. A whole day together, surrounded by Taehyung's favourite paintings and sculptures. 

So he bought two tickets to the coziest museum in Seoul. Although Jungkook wasn't a big fan of museums, he wanted to see the happiness in the elder's eyes. 

Having exchanged the details earlier, Jungkook was glad that they lived in the same building. He won't have to go anywhere to pick his date. He was waiting for the elder to come outside of his apartment.

Jungkook didn't want to face Kyungnam, so he was hoping that Taehyung would come alone. And so he did.

Flowy off-white pants, a shirt with a brown vest, accompanied by a french hat.

Jungkook was the complete opposite of him, leather jacket and leather pants with black boots.

For a second a thought lingered in Jungkook's mind, "What if Taehyung finds him unappealing?" But he shrugged it off, he wanted to focus on the date. 

Jungkook smiled at the elder and offered his hand to hold. Taehyung was a bit flustered but he held the younger's hand and together they went towards the car, holding hands. 

The drive to the museum wasn't much and throughout the ride, Jungkook noticed whenever they would talk to Taehyung, his cheeks would turn crimson red. Jungkook found it cute, he wanted to hold his cheeks and coo at him. 

When they entered the museum, Jungkook's eyes were focused on Taehyung. He wanted to see what Taehyung was feeling. If he was even happy that they came here? Instead of some exquisite place. 

"Wow! That's just…I don't know what to say," Taehyung jumped in excitement. "You're so thoughtful Jungkook. Never in my life did I think someone would take me to an art museum for our first date." 

Jungkook's nerves cool down a bit, "Do you really like it, Tae?" 

"Like? I love it." Taehyung encircled one of his arms to Jungkook's arms and they started to walk toward the gallery. 

They explored the whole museum with each other, arms entangled. Jungkook saw how the staff and passersby were looking at them.

They were looking like a couple who were in their own world without worrying about the outside world.

Taehyung excitedly showed the younger his favourite paintings there. Jungkook was happy seeing how passionate Taehyung was about art. It felt like Jungkook picked just the right place for their first date. They shared some hot coffee, soda, and a lot of bagels.

Jungkook now finally understood why Taehyung likes art so much, it reminds you of the purpose of your life. 

When they were at the end of the gallery Taehyung asked, "So this is it, we saw all there was to see. Should we head home now?" 

To which Jungkook replied, "No, we still need to go to the restaurant. I booked a table for us." 

To Jungkook, Taehyung seemed a bit uncertain about the restaurant idea. 

"We ate a lot of bagels, kookie. I'm not hungry anymore." Taehyung felt a bit sad admitting this. 

Jungkook had a plan. A whole plan. How both of them would go there, in their VIP lounge. How they will eat the most lavish dishes, how he will signal the restaurant staff and they will come with a big banner in their hand. That will say 'Will you be my boyfriend hyung?'

But now because of those stupid bagels, Taehyung doesn't wanna go there anymore. So naturally, Jungkook should be furious, right? But in reality, he wasn't. He just had the most amazing time of his life with Taehyung and he didn't want to ruin it. Jungkook had no idea what made him say this but he was sure that he would never regret it. 

"Hyung there's a place, it's close to my heart. Can we go there?" And Taehyung smiled, not the fake social one, but with genuine happiness on his face. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

They were driving a little away from the city, the traffic noises reduced and replaced with the sweet aroma of the forest.

Jungkook was feeling brave enough so he was glancing at Taehyung now and then. Whenever their eyes met, Jungkook would turn himself into a puddle and Taehyung would nod at him, raising his eyebrows.

When they finally reached their destination, Taehyung was a bit confused as they were only surrounded by woods and shrubs, he did not see a damn thing. "If we climb to the east, there's a small cliff there, you can see the whole city from there. I often used to come here with my dad." Jungkook guided him towards the path and Taehyung followed.

The walk to the cliff wasn't much so they easily reached there. Taehyung's eyes went big when he saw the view. It was enchanting.

They could see the big buildings and the smaller ones, the river that crossed the heart of Seoul, and the Namsan tower. Jungkook patted his back to signal him to sit down on the grass. 

So, there they were. Alone on the cliff that was Jungkook's special place, watching the ever-growing city and enjoying the resting sun. They decided to lay on the grass with their fingers intertwined.

"Jungkook you're so thoughtful, I never imagined the guy drenched in rain sitting in the corridor would be this decent."

Taehyung was looking at the sky when Jungkook decided to turn and move towards Taehyung. He picked a soft leaf laying on the grass and let it wander all over Taehyung's face. Taehyung giggled with his square laugh as he was feeling ticklish. 

Jungkook stopped. His eyes focused on Taehyung who was looking back at him. 

"Angel,"  the first words that came out of his mouth when he saw Taehyung, "My Angel,
I love you, you took my breath away from the moment I saw you. I will do anything for you, for us. Will you be my boyfriend?" 

Jungkook saw how Taehyung's eyes filled at the remark, his body stiff and he took a long breath.

"If you're not sure right now, I'm willing to wait for you," Jungkook assured him, he didn't want to lose him but he surely didn't want to scare him. 

"N-no, that's not the case, kookie. It's just-" Taehyung looked away. 

Jungkook put his hands on Taehyung's face, making him look at him. "Is there someone else? Is it Jimin?" 

"What! No! Of course not. Jimin likes someone else, one of your friends. He told me to play along with his flirtiness so that that person would be jealous." Taehyung let out. 

"Oh-oh-okay that explains a lot. I swear I was about to kill that dwarf." Jungkook mumbled. 

Taehyung smacked him a little in his arm, "Hey! He's my friend." 

"Okay I won't say anything to him, but please give me an answer, give me a thread to hold on to." 

"I need to sort some things, kookie," Taehyung explained. 

Jungkook took Taehyung's hand in between both his hands, rubbing circles on it. 

"We can figure out everything together, you won't be alone. You'll always have me hyung." 

Taehyung sighed. He gave a little peck on Jungkook's lips, "Do you know you're stubborn?" 

Jungkook pouted with his round lips. 

"My stubborn boyfriend"