Chapter 12

"We're going to my apartment because no one is there," he held his elbows harshly, "And you Mr. Kim Taeyung will tell me everything."

He pushed Taehyung inside the apartment. Tears still visible on his cheek, Taehyung was shaking. Jungkook came closer to him and guided him towards the bedroom, he also brought some bottles of water with him.

"Sit down Taehyung," Jungkook said in a monotonous voice and gave Taehyung a bottle of water. Taehyung did as he was told, still, the sobs were not stopping.

 "Now tell me everything" Jungkook sat down beside him. He really wanted to comfort the elder, he couldn't see him cry but he knew deep inside that if he lost his guard now, Taehyung would hesitate to tell him anything. 

"I-I don't know how to say this Kookie" Jungkook wiped the tears drifting from Taehyung's eyes, "Let's start from the basics, okay? Are you cheating on me?" Jungkook asked with a heavy heart. "What! No! I could never! Please… never think like that.." His stream of tears went on. 

"Then who was that guy? And why do you behave strangely sometimes? And why are you missing your classes?" Jungkook held his hands and encouraged him to speak. "Jungkook…he..he is hobi hyung..he is a family friend and…" Taehyung stopped himself, Jungkook could feel the resistance in him so he cupped his cheek for reassurance. "I'm here hyung, I'm with you." Taehyung gulped and took a few moments to say, "He is a doctor, psychiatrist to be precise." And then he looked down, grazing the floor. 

"Why are you seeing a psychiatrist?" Jungkook wanted to keep himself sane in front of his boyfriend but on the inside, he was an anxious mess. 

"Jungkook… from the past few months, something is happening with me… I was confused and I didn't want to scare anyone so I just kept it to myself…" he looked in the younger's eyes, "I keep forgetting stuff and names and time and what not… I forgot your name multiple times…and I swear I'm not a bad person.." Taehyung cried his eyes out, "I didn't do anything on purpose Jungkook…

 I got my test done and I-I's Alzheimer's."

"Alzheimer's?" Jungkook felt as if someone snatched the ground beneath him, "b-but that happens to old people…how could you?" Taehyung was shaking, "I don't know kookie but my symptoms match, and if this goes on at the same rate…" Taehyung stopped himself, putting the palms over his mouth. 

"Then what hyung? Tell me please." Jungkook pleaded with him. "Then soon I'll forget everything and everyone…I will have to live in a psychiatric ward, I won't remember a thing…I'll be as good as dead." 

Jungkook stood up, "no no no this can't be happening," he paced around the room, "You can't go anywhere," he came back to Taehyung, shaking his shoulders, "You can't forget me hyung." Jungkook sat on his knees, "I love you hyung…don't leave me. We'll find a way please."

Taehyung embraced Jungkook in a hug, a hug to reassure his boyfriend and to reassure himself, "I love you too kookie" and they cried together as long as they wanted to. 

Taehyung felt sleepy after crying. So he dozed off. He put his head on Jungkook's chest and slept for a while, but Jungkook was wide awake. The life he dreamt of living with Taehyung was going from his hands, his lover will forget him.

Taehyung's words, "I'll be as good as dead" were ringing in his ears. So he couldn't sleep. How can he? Tears were not enough to tell the situation of his heart. He was slowly caressing Taehyung's back and giving him kisses on the forehead but all of this was a reminder that this wouldn't go off for a long time.

Suddenly he recalled that he and Taehyung haven't eaten anything so he carefully got out of bed and went into the kitchen to make something for them. His mind was occupied with thoughts but he wanted to be strong for Taehyung. He wanted to be the shoulder Taehyung can rest on. 

Jungkook was preparing the food when Taehyung came into the kitchen with his puffy eyes and swollen cheeks. Jungkook's heart skipped a bit, looking at his cute boyfriend but then the wave of sadness engulfed him, remembering that they don't have much time together.

Jungkook extended his hand for Taehyung to come closer to him. So Taehyung stood between the kitchen counter and Jungkook, with Jungkook's hand caging him there.

"What are you cooking, baby?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook kissed his ears, "I'm making your favorite jjajangmyeon." Taehyung's hand went towards the pot to eat from it but Jungkook stopped him, "It's hot hyung. Just wait, it's almost ready." 

                              🍁🍁🍁

After eating the food together, Jungkook had a lot more questions to ask Taehyung, so he decided to ask them, "Does your family know about it…have you told them yet? Your mom looked very clueless this morning" Taehyung looked at him with guilt in his eyes, "No one knows apart from you, me, and Hobi hyung. I didn't dare to tell anyone."

Jungkook took Taehyung's hand and kissed them. "You have me hyung, I'll help you to tell them. Although there are chances that your father will shoot me in my head if I enter your house, I'm willing to take that risk." Jungkook chuckled and was happy to see Taehyung smile as well. It was a little smile but it was enough for Jungkook.

It was enough to remind Jungkook that even if the world burns down, even if Taehyung doesn't remember him in a few months, he can live his entire life seeing Taehyung's smile.

_______________

[A/N] and here's the big reveal