Chapter 18

Jungkook was devastated. He ran for hours and hours and couldn't find Taehyung. He ran even when his legs gave up on him. He shouted Taehyung's name even when his throat clogged up. Jungkook didn't want to stop, not until he found Taehyung.

 His eyes were red and his clothes were dirty. It was past midnight and his family was constantly calling him to return home. But how can he return without Taehyung?

 He can't do this. He tried calling Taehyung for the millionth time and heard the same thing: his phone was switched off. Jungkook was going weak, physically and mentally. 

There came a point in the night when his legs stopped working. He sat on the footpath with his arms hugging his knees. 

Jungkook didn't want anyone to see him cry. He just wanted to be wrapped around Taehyung's arms. 

Jungkook felt someone touching his shoulder, he turned his face and found Yoongi. Jungkook looked him in the eye and Yoongi gave an approving nod. 

Jungkook rested his head on his hyung's shoulder while Yoongi patted his head. "I'll find him hyung," Jungkook said in between his sobs. 

"I know you will Jungkookah. Let's get you home now, Your parents are worried." Yoongi comforted Jungkook. 

                                     🍁🍁🍁

"You can stay in this room. I know it's small and probably not of your taste but that's all I have for now." Bogum showed Taehyung the spare room in his apartment. 

Taehyung entered the room and started scanning all the furniture, "I'll take it Bogum, it's beautiful." 

Taehyung reached the closet and opened the door, it was empty. "I guess you'll need clothes," Bogum suggested. "Should we go shopping?" 

"I don't have any money Bogum. And I don't want to take your help anymore" Taehyung sighed. 

Bogum came inside the room and sat on the bed. "Maybe you can wear-" 

"I won't wear your clothes." Taehyung stopped him in the middle of the sentence. 

"No, I was saying I have some spare clothes of my brother, you can wear them." Bogum ensured him. 

"I know I'm being a burden on you too," Taehyung replied. Bogum looked outside the window, "I think you're a blessing." 

                               🍁🍁🍁

"It's been a month, Kyungnam, why haven't you found our son yet?"  Taehyung's mother was sitting right across from her husband, her hand on her head.

 "You're the deputy commissioner! You should have found my baby by now." Her eyes were full of tears. 

"I'm a failure of a father," Kyungnam replied and left the room sparing a glance at Jungkook.

Jungkook was sitting in a corner, not paying attention to anyone.

 Mrs. Kim saw him and those tears fell out of her eyes. She reached toward Jungkook's mom, and took her hand in between her palms, "Please make him eat something, look how weak he has become." Mrs. Kim pleaded. "I couldn't take care of my son, I couldn't see the pain he was going through. Don't repeat my mistake. Take care of your son." She sobbed. 

                               🍁🍁🍁

"You're home! I made dinner." Taehyung chirped as soon as he heard Bogum entering the apartment. Bogum's lips naturally formed a smile by looking at Taehyung and his messy hair that has grown a little. 

Bogum threw his bag on the floor and sat on the couch, "Medical college is tiresome. My muscles are aching." He huffed. 

"Are you expecting me to give you a back massage?" Taehyung chuckled.

"It feels like I'm a husband who came back after a tiring day and you're my partner ready to take care of me." Bogum replied. 

"To me, it feels more like a mother-son relationship between us." Taehyung giggled. 

Bogum gave him a dramatic glance and laughed with him. 

Soon they were eating the food that Taehyung prepared for them. But Bogum had something in his mind. 

"I know you don't want to discuss your life, but can I ask you something." 

Taehyung's movement stopped, he thought for a second and nodded. 

"I don't know how to say it but yesterday while I was coming home, I saw your picture on a poster. It said missing." Bogum was trying to be as comforting as possible. 

"I don't want to talk about it Bogum." 

Taehyung's face went rigid and he stood from his chair and went to the kitchen to wash his hands. 

Bogum went after him. "I don't want to pry on your personal life Taehyungie but maybe your family is worried about you," Bogum came near Taehyung.

"If you fought with your parents, I understand that. But just tell them that you're safe." 

Taehyung closed the tap and patted his hand with a towel. "I-" he took a deep breath, "I didn't fight them, I felt guilty for the things my loved ones were going through. I was the reason for their misery and I couldn't do anything about it." Taehyung whispered.

"I still don't know what's it about but I have a feeling that they might be worried." Bogum took Taehyung's hand to comfort him. 

"More worried than they would have been if I were there and they had to take care of me? 

Taehyung asked. 

" You only worry about the person you love Taehyung." Bogum replied, "They deserve to know about your whereabouts."

"They were going through hell because of me, how can I show my face to them when I know how difficult it is for them." Taehyung moved aside as if he wanted to run from here too. 

Bogum didn't leave his hand, "Even in that hell, they had you to forget about their misery for a time. Your smile is enough to make a person's day." 

Bogum looked him in the eye. 

"If you want to stay here, you can. I'll be happy to be your host. But just tell them that you're safe." 

___________

It was late at night. Jungkook didn't know what time it was. He was staring at the night sky filled with moon and stars, yet the stars in Jungkook's eyes were long gone. 

It was an abyss. Jungkook's phone rang and he didn't want to receive it, he hasn't been talking to anyone ever since. 

But there was a voice in the back of his head that told him to receive the call. Jungkook answered the phone and placed it on his ears, the other person wasn't saying anything at first but Jungkook didn't hang up.

 After a few seconds, he heard the voice that has honey mixed with it. 

"Jungkook…" 

"H-hyung" 

______________________

[A/N] Thank you for 1k read 🥺

I'm sorry Jungkook 😔