Chapter 17

Taehyung is sitting on the park bench alone, he doesn't know where he is. All he remembers is that he left his house at dawn and somehow ended up here. The guilt of ruining the lives of his loved ones was consuming his thoughts at a speeding pace.

But somehow, sitting here in the park and watching the elderly do exercise and some kids playing on the grass is giving him happiness. The morning sun is soothing on his skin.

And for the first time in a while, it feels like he's breathing once again. He doesn't have to think about how sleepless nights Jungkook is having, how his parents are always worried. He feels free.

Taehyung can breathe. 

                                  🍁🍁🍁

Jungkook is breathless.

He didn't realise that he was running barefoot on the cold streets of Seoul until his father came behind him with Jungkook's shoes in his hand. "Wear them, baby, we'll find him together." He said giving Jungkook the shoes. 

"Did you call your friends? They can help us." Jungkook's father asked him. "I called Namjoon hyung, he said all of them will be looking for him." Jungkook put on the shoes. 

His eyes were damp, he wasn't wearing any additional clothing for the coldness of the wind. "Kookie, listen to me," his father put hands on his shoulder, "Taehyung's dad is deputy commissioner, the whole police force will be looking for him," He patted his shoulder, "don't worry, we'll find him." Jungkook nodded his hair and quickly went in a different direction, to find his lover. 

                                  🍁🍁🍁

Taehyung felt a pang in his stomach, it was about to be lunchtime and he was hungry. He checked his pants and found some coins, clearly not enough to have a meal, "I should've stayed to find my bag, all my money was in there." He murmured to himself.

The sun was smoothing against the cold wind, "Should I call someone? Maybe Jimin or Hobi Hyung?" He thought, "But Hobi hyung is already doing all those favours to me and Jimin is distressed, I can't let them worry about me anymore."

Taehyung stood up from the bench, strolling on the sidewalk when he saw a man coming toward him.

By the expressions of that man, it seemed like he knew Taehyung, but he had no idea who he was. The man was now running, coming closer and closer. 

Taehyung can see him now but he still can't recognize him. The man stopped in front of him, a smile jeweled on his face, "Hello, Taehyung."

Taehyung didn't say anything. He didn't know the man, he didn't want to get in trouble. The man waved his hand in front of Taehyung's face, "Taehyung?" He asked once again.

"D-Do I know you?" Taehyung stuttered. "Know me?" The man chuckled, "What has gotten into you? I'm Bogum, your childhood friend." 

For the life of him, Taehyung could not remember the man, but apparently, Bogum was very familiar with him. "I'm sorry, I just can't remember you," Taehyung admitted.

Bogum took out his phone from his pocket and scrolled down, he showed several pictures of young Taehyung and young Bogum playing together. 

Taehyung now knew that the man standing in front of him was a friend. "Hi, Bogum." Taehyung faked a smile.

"Why do you look so pale Taehyungie? Are you alright?" Bogum was concerned.  "Yes I'm fine, you don't need to worry." Taehyung looked at him.

"You had lunch Taehyung? I was on my way to eat." Taehyung was starving, but he didn't want to be a burden on anyone anymore. 

But Bogum was adamant, he took Taehyung's hand into his, "Let's just eat together, just like old times." Bogum dragged Taehyung to a restaurant and the latter didn't deny it, maybe he was just too hungry and alone. 

They went to a nearby restaurant and ordered jjajangmyeon, Bogum knew it was Taehyung's favorite dish. Taehyung kept quiet the whole time, only answering in yes and no.

Bogum placed a piece of meat on Taehyung's plate, "I had no idea you were in Seoul too, we could've met earlier." Bogum asserted, "Where do you live Taehyungie?" Taehyung had no answer to this question, just a few hours ago he had a place he called home but is it home anymore if he feels like everyone is hurt because of him? 

"I don't have a place to stay, Bogum" he shook his head. "The place I was staying at, I can't go there anymore." Taehyung drew circles on his thigh, trying to comfort himself.

Bogum took a deep breath, "If I ask you what happened, will you tell me?" 

Taehyung was looking at the floor, he shook his head in a no.

"And if I offer you to stay with me, will you agree?" Taehyung looked at him, he was confused, hurt, and couldn't recognize Bogum so how can he live with him?

 "Bogum…I can't. I just can't." He whimpered.

"Do you have any other place you can go to?" Bogum extended his arm to touch Taehyung's hand. Taehyung didn't say anything.

"Then stay with me, at least for a few days." He took Taehyung's hand into his.

"I don't even remember you and I don't want to be a burden," Taehyung grumbled.

"I don't know why you can't remember me, but I can't let you go when you look so wretched." Bogum looked into Taehyung's eyes, "You won't be a burden to me at all, but if it makes you happy, you can do the house chores. 

And we'll look for a place for you." He tried to convince Taehyung, "And if you feel good then you can stay with me as long as you want." Bogum laughed.

"I won't be a burden to you? You'll let me do the work?" Taehyung pouted.

"Of course, I will let you do anything that will make you feel comfortable," Bogum assured, "So will you come with me?" 

Taehyung thought about it, he can say no to Bogum but then he will have to live on the streets. But he also didn't want to be a burden.

Taehyung wanted to say no, but he could see that he has no place. He swallowed his pride and convinced himself that it was for a few days until he finds a job and he will help Bogum in any way possible. With an ache in his heart, he said, "Yes"

________________________
[A/N] We finally have the variable of our story here. For the second time since our story began, Tae and Kook and are going to live  apart but this time it's not on good terms. How will Jungkook find Taehyung now?