Chapter 21

"Taehyung, are you ready?" Hoseok asked him calmly.

Taehyung was still not sure why he had to do these tests once again, Jungkook told him it was necessary but he didn't want to go through all of this again. He didn't want to visit hospitals until it was an emergency but Jungkook still dragged him there without giving a single explanation.

He was also confused about Jimin's presence in the hospital. If the test was not something important then why would he come to Hoseok's hospital?

Taehyung knew they weren't on good terms.

He also noticed how Jimin and Hoseok were avoiding each other like a plague.

Then why would Jimin come here as well?

"Hyung sit on this, okay? Just for a few minutes." Jungkook kissed his forehead.

Taehyung saw the crease forming in between his eyebrows like he was anxious about something.

Hoseok came near Taehyung, caressing his back. "It's a CT scanner. Lie down on this table, the machine will revolve around you for a few minutes and we'll be waiting for you behind the glass panel, where Bogum and-" he took a deep breath, "and Jimin are standing."

====^====

"Is this painful, Dr Jung?" Jungkook was biting his nails, "Is he in pain?" He looks at the doctor with praying eyes.

"No, it's not, he'll probably fall asleep in a moment."

All of them were looking at a monitor, the images of Taehyung's brain coming from the scanner.

Hoseok rubs his fingers on his forehead, a clear look of tension building inside him, "I still don't understand it, Dr Park. How can you be so sure that it's not Alzheimer's?"

Bogum was standing in the corner, he came forward to talk but in doing so he accidentally pushed Jimin.

Jimin was standing right beside Hoseok, maintaining their distance. But the push was hard enough to clash their bodies.

Hoseok and Jimin flinched at the sudden touch, they avoided eye contact at every level possible. Jimin mumbled sorry and swapped his place with Bogum, who was looking at their interaction curiously.

Bogum cleared his throat, "Jungkook told me that Taehyung was having morning headaches for a few months now." He paused.

Hoseok looked from the monitor to Taehyung inside the scanner and finally landed his eyes on Bogum, "We thought it was because of the medicines."

Bogum nodded, "I understand that, it's common. But what made me realise was the fact that he suddenly needed glasses, his eyesight got weak in a few days." Bogum looked at Jungkook who was listening to their conversation, "We tested that his sense of smell was also going and all of these pointed to one fact that-"

Hoseok pointed at the monitor, the image of an orb in the centre of Taehyung's brain, "that it's a meningitis tumour." Hoseok concluded.

=======

"What are you even saying hyung? I do not understand a bit." Taehyung clutched the arms of his chair tightly, "What do you mean by I don't have Alzheimer's?"

Hoseok exhales a long breath from his mouth, trying to calm his anxious nerves. "I'm sorry but the earlier diagnosis was wrong. You don't have Alzheimer's."

Taehyung's eyes went wide, his mouth agape, "How can it even happen?" He looks at both Hoseok and Jungkook, "We did these tests earlier as well."

Jungkook reached Taehyung's arm, squeezing them gently, gesturing for him to continue listening.