Needing Each Other

Second Person POV

"Thanks, buddy. We'll need these to keep Astrid and Heather happy." Toothless croons at your words before picking up his bucket of apples, walking off to show Mischief as the Terror was collecting fish.

"Toothless!" Hiccup's voice then calls out, making everyone freeze. Toothless drops the bucket of apples he's carrying, his expression turning fierce as he attempts to locate his rider. Hiccup on a nearby hill, on his feet and running.

"Toothless!" Hiccup calls again behind him, and several burly Vikings follow Hiccup up the hill, shouting, hot on his heels. Hiccup slides again, trying to increase his speed. Nyra, with you astride her, rushes forward in the air with Mischief.
Toothless runs, using his wings to cover more ground in each step. He clears the still sliding Hiccup, putting himself between the Vikings and his rider. Hiccup skids to a stop, eyes fixed on his dragon.

Toothless' eyes fixate on the Vikings, watching as they skid to a halt. Toothless then fire at them the impact sends them flying.

"Get 'em, guys!" You call as Nyra fires at the ground in front of the others. One Viking trips over his feet while trying to get away from the fire. A rolled-up paper falls out of his pocket as his companions flee. The man follows soon after regaining his feet.

"Yeah, that's right! Keep running!" You taunt with a smirk, Mischief chittering the same thing with a smug look.

Nyra turns away and lands in front of Hiccup, allowing you to slide off her back and help him. Hiccup rests on the ground as you place a hand on Nyra for a second, thanking her. You then walk over and kneel in front of Hiccup, concern running through you.

"You okay?" You ask, placing a hand on his knee.

"Yeah, I think so." Hiccup replies, still quite winded from the event, Toothless croons before licking Hiccup's cheek. You laugh as Hiccup playfully groans.

"Ugh! I'm all right, bud..." Hiccup then laughs, patting his head before you help him up.

Hiccup trips forward slightly once standing, catching himself on you with his hands on your hips. You didn't mind while you set yours on his shoulders. In the foreground, the paper that fell starts rustling in the wind.

This catches the attention of Mischief and Toothless.

"Who were those guys? They didn't look like Dragon Hunters..." You tell him as the two dragons chase after the paper.

"You know, I don't know. With all the flying axes and tumbling down hills, I forgot to ask." Hiccup jokes, causing you to put your head on his shoulder while holding in a laugh. You fail and start silently laughing.

After you calm down, both hear Toothless and Mischief playing with something. Hiccup moves away from you as you both see the batting at some paper, taking turns with it.

"Hey! What you got there, Toothless?" Hiccup asks his best friend, walking over with you to look at the paper. But once you both get a look at it, the mood darkens.

"I think I know who those guys were." You say, worry shooting through you.

><><><

Snotlout's laugh rings through the Clubhouse as he looks at the paper in his hand Hiccup blinks at the behaviour. The stocky man was thrilled at the picture, catching his breath from laughing so much.

"No way! Viggo put a price on Hiccup's head?" Snotlout exclaims, holding up the paper holding the bounty on Hiccup, which also displays an unflattering picture of him.