𝐗𝐗⁺ || 𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐀𝐍

- ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇɴ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜꜱ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ -

"I'm gonna ask you one more time. Where the hell are the fuckin' guns?!" A fist flew through the air, pounding the target.

Whimpers escaped the man's lips. He was dressed in an army green shirt and camo pants. His arms were tied behind his back, secured to a wooden chair. He closed his eyes and began to cry out. "I don't know, man! I don't know! I never handled 'em! I swear!"

Tommy pressed the barrel of his gun into the man's stomach. "Are you positive? Cuz your buddy over there said different."

The man's breath hitched, hearing that there was another guy with him- another victim.

Across the room sat another man, dressed the same, drenched in gasoline. Joel stood to his side, a box of matches in his hand.

"It would be an awful shame if you got him and yourself killed over something as silly as a few guns. So... where are they?" Tommy snarled in the man's face, pulling the hammer back on his revolver.

The man shook his head with glassy eyes. His mouth hung open, silent words stuck on the tip of his tongue.

Bang!

The man's breath hitched and he looked down at the bullet wound in his abdomen. A wheeze left his throat and his breathing was labored.

"Where!?"

He knew where. He and Joel took care off the other guy after threatening to set him on fire if he didn't tell them what they wanted to know.

They believed him. This was just confirmation.

"I think..." the man wheezed, "west q-quaran..tine gate." He sucked in two sharp breaths, watching Tommy with tears running down his face. "P-plea..."

Tommy stood, nodded his head, then pulled his revolver up, held it against the man's head, and jerked the trigger.

Drops of blood slammed against his face and the man fell limp, then he holstered his gun.

He walked over to the door, passing Joel, who struck a match, and dropped it in the other guy's lap. They both turned out the door, leaving the two men, and the building, to go up in flames.

Joel patten Tommy's back as they walked down the hallway of the apartment building. "So... west quarantine gate."

Tommy sighed, clinching his jaw. "Yup."

Exiting the smoking building, the Miller brothers began their fifteen minute ride back to their base. They hopped into the old pickup they stole off of some couple a few weeks back, and swerved around the many... many dead bodies that all closely resembled the two they'd just killed brutally. The white snow was washed in puddles of deep crimson blood.

The boys pulled up to a chain link fence which was opened for them to enter. Joel drive through and parked the car. The two made their way up a set of stairs that overlooked the small neighborhood, then knocked on the door at the far end.

Tommy crossed his arms as he shivered when a breeze blew. He adjusted his beanie to cover his ears, but leave his growing hair (it was neatly tucked into a bun) peaking out.