𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈⁺ || 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

They'd been in Lakeside, Colorado for about two weeks, twelve miles from the quarantine zone they were planning to strike. This zone was vacant and as expected, abandoned for a newer, nicer zone about twenty-nine miles from there in Boulder, where they were heading next.

"Tommy, you're gonna head up to this south building with Linden. Go through the building and take the stairwell to the top floor. Shoot from the terrace. The bulk of us will be coming in on the truck through this gate after we blow it open, so keep your eye on the guards there," Marlene hovered her finger over the map below her.

Linden: a guy who was always surrounded by a group of people. He had a sense of humor that made Tommy scrunch his nose at and he was the type of person who Tommy would get in trouble with his momma for hangin around. Tommy would be lying if he said Linden wasn't at least a bit annoying. Linden held a rifle in his arms and had tattoos running up and down his arms. Tommy knew his afternoon was going to be long while he waited with this off-brand Jason Momoa for the Fireflies.

═══════════════

Marlene looked up through her lashes at the blonde. "Watch Linden. He knows what he's doing but he's a big goof. Make sure he doesn't fuck up. 'Kay?"

Tommy sighed, "Why put me with him then? From the way yer talkin', it sounds he's fucked up before."

═══════════════

"You know, this should be an easy job. We're probably bringing in overkill with the second wave, but Marlene is the boss-lady and what she says goes," Linden said.

Tommy looked up at Linden under his brows. Shut up. Just shut the fuck up and do what yer told. Don't make this any harder for me, you dumbass. he wanted to grit out.

═══════════════

Linden, as well as Tommy, pulled their handguns out, preparing for anything to jump out. They took each stairwell at a time. "What's your name, kid?"

Tommy stopped struggling with the desk to level a look with the bigger man. "It's Tommy, now would you help me move this goddamn desk?"

Linden pushed off the wall, with a prideful smile. "Sure, Tommy."

═══════════════