Chapter 45

(3rd Person POV)

~In the Dungeons~

The mage stood before Y/n as she leaned against the wall. Margaret shook the strong woman, trying to wake her up. 

Fear began to course through the young princess' heart. The menacing mage lifted her staff to confine the powerful being. 

~With Arthur and Hendrickson~

Citizens of Liones started running.

Major destruction was happening near the Northern Gates to Liones. It was deemed as the Seven Deadly Sins attacking the kingdom once again. A large dust cloud had formed and the sound of sharp swords colliding could also be heard.

There on a wall stood Arthur Pendragon and Hendrickson being pushed back from each other's blow.

"Come on Lord Hendrickson! Let's settle this! Here and now." Arthur shouted, a playful tone lightly present in his voice.

"I see you're a gusty and brave king, if nothing else, Arthur Pendragon." Hendrickson states. His tone and look equally monotone.

'This punk's ability and intelligence seems to know no bounds. From the way he's been talking, it seems like he has knowledge of our internal affairs.' Hendrickson thought, 'The question is: What does he know? And: How much?'

With a flash, Arthur sped over behind Hendrickson to attack. "We're in battle now, don't get lost in thought!"

Easily the Lord guarded the King's moves. Arthur kept attacking Hendrickson while the man simply blocked.

"You can't be serious. Show me the power of a true king!" Hendrickson mocked, as he landed a heavy blow on Arthur. Causing the young man to be knocked off the all and into a hill, making a crater.

"Ouch, that really hurt," the king complained before jumping to his feet, "I'm not done!"

In his slightly bowed position, Hendrickson jumped off the wall and kicked Arthur in the face. Launching the boy backwards into the ground.

"Are you planning to hold back on me until your dead?" The silver haired man questioned.

"Why don't you try a little harder to draw it out of me?" The young man replied with a laugh and smile.

"If that is what you wish." Black flames had covered Hendrickson's sword at the end of his sentence. With shock evident in his eyes, Arthur's smile was stripped from his face. "Now die."

The flames spread with intensity, growing bigger. The flames formed into a ball and targeted Arthur, "Hell blaze Scream."

At speeding force, the blaze seemed to be cut in half. More importantly they were fired back at Hendrickson, knocking him into the wall.

"He was actually able to repel my attack?" Now stuck in the wall, Hendrickson was slightly amazed at what had happened in a split second.

"Well, well, well. You've added a scary power to your arsenal since I've last saw you."

"I know that voice," Hendrickson spoke aloud, "could it be?"

"Yeah! It's me alright. And I'm not going anywhere until my wife is safe in my arms!" Slowly the dust cleared to show an angry Meliodas holding the sword that Elizabeth gave him.

He stood protectively in front of Arthur, his fist clenched tightly around the sheath of the sword. Hendrickson calmly stood from the freshly made crater. He walked over towards Meliodas.

As he stood in front of the short blonde, he spoke. "It's been a long time, hasn't it, Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins. You're alone right now?"

"Seems to be, I lost the others on the way here."

"You think you can face me without them? Still confident as ever."

'Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins? That means he's-' Arthur thought.

"Where the hell is my wife! Give her back to me now!" Meliodas demanded. His emerald eyes giving a hard glare.

"I'm afraid that's not possible." Hendrickson returned the glare given.

In a flash, Meliodas shot up to kick Hendrickson only for it to be guarded. While still in the air he swung his sword multiple times at Hendrickson. All of which were blocked. Hendrickson then took a hard swing at Meliodas flinging him away from his previous position in the air.

Meliodas had blocked the punch with the sheath and sword crossed together. He landed and slid back to his previous spot in front of King Arthur.

The men shared another hard glare, Meliodas' more menacing than Hendrickson.