♡ dr pepper gum

buff!reader x robin (OR showoff!reader x robin)

you and robin had just finished picking up some groceries for your shared apartment. you've been living together in a nice city outside of hawkins for going on 2 years now and you two were happier than ever.

robin felt like she was the luckiest girl in the world to wake up next to you every single morning. no matter what, she knew you would always come home to her.

so now you two do every possible domestic activity together. cooking, cleaning, and of course grocery shopping.

you were driving since robin STILL hasn't gotten her license yet. the windows were rolled down, groceries in the backseat, and there was some soft music playing in the background. robin has been just staring at you and only looking away to look out the window at all the stores and buildings occasionally. you were her favorite thing to look at though. she is OBSESSED with you.

once you pull up to your apartment complex, you park the car in the parking lot closest to your building.

she gets out of the car and opens the back door to get some of the groceries. "i still can't believe you're gonna make us try dr pepper gum." she says. you picked some up at the store since it had just came out and you swore up and down that it had to be good because, well, dr pepper is good so why wouldn't it be good in gum format?

"im telling you it's gonna be SO good robs" you say.

"whatever you say dingus"

you both start bringing the groceries to your door and put them on the counter. there was only a couple of things left and you remember that a big pack of water bottles is still in the car along with a couple more bags of food. a light bulb switches in your head and you have an amazing idea. this is the perfect opportunity to showoff and fluster your girlfriend. that and you also refuse to let her have to do any heavy lifting.

you and robin make your way back to the car and before she can even look at the case of water, you're already picking it up. it doesn't help that you have a tank top on and OH god you're lifting it so easily.

robin is actually, really, truly, and utterly obsessed with how strong you are. and you know this. she stares at you and grabs the rest of the bags frantically and follows you to the apartment like a lost little puppy.

once you reach the door, you manage to open it WHILE CARRYING THE WATER and she's standing there with her mouth open, gawking. "careful darling, you're gonna get a fly caught in there" you say, smirking at her and giggling a little bit as you set the water down in its designated spot.

she starts blushing profusely and looks down at her feet. you grab her hand and lead her to the couch and sit her on your lap. she's staring down still and is a little embarrassed at how easily you can make her so flustered. but she can't help herself and she starts to run her hands up and down your arms, feeling your muscles.

you grab her chin and make her look at you with those beautiful doe eyes of hers, stroking her cheek with your thumb. butterflies. you wrap your other arm around her waist and she can't take it anymore and kisses you. it's passionate and it's sweet and you smile against it. she giggles and leans down to bite your bicep softly.

"you are the most beautiful girl ive ever seen, you know that?" you ask her just above a whisper. "as are you, beefcakes" she says with a dumb cheesy grin.

you snort "oh my god, never call me that again." she laughs and you take the opportunity to shove a piece of dr pepper gum in her mouth. she chews on it for a minute and, woah. it's not that bad. "it's actually pretty good, you were right!"

"is it? let me give it a try" you respond. she's expecting you to pull out another piece of the gum from the pack you have in your hand that's now resting on her thigh, but instead you pull her into you and kiss her, tasting the flavor even without ever chewing the gum. she tugs on the fabric of your shirt while you two sit there, kissing each other breathlessly.

you pull away just to say "wow. it actually isn't bad. i thought it would taste like battery acid but honestly i just got it as a cute excuse to kiss you because i love to ki-" she cuts you off after taking the gum out of her mouth and kissing you again.

after a little bit, you turn on the tv and lay down on the couch together, her head resting on your chest. she's practically laying on top of you. that's her favorite way to cuddle with you, is to be laying as close to on top of you for as long as you can handle. and you wouldn't have it any other way<3

a/n ive never had dr pepper gum but im guessing it's good ANYWAYS i hope you liked this i know it was a little weird but it just popped into my head today for some reason😭 ANYWAYS AGAIN i love you all have a great day and i will see you in my next update! leave a request if you want me to update quicker! byeee<3